Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

List your Teryx problems,no bs....

135K views 128 replies 92 participants last post by  dangbichha19259 
#1 ·
I want to know everybodies problems that they're having with their Teryxs....just factory induced problems,gas pedal touchy,won't start,engine blew up? .............

#4 ·
My only gripe was the lack of a fuel gauge, but I added one. So far I haven't had any issues...maybe the heat comming off the exhaust and causing the bed to become a hot plate....:drive1:

#6 ·
My only complaint is I dont have enough money to do the MT or LT kit. Other than that, flawless so far.

#12 ·
almost sounds like lawyer looking for lawsuits???

#15 ·
Keep having issues with the fan sensor wires. One day it won't run and the next it won't shut off until I mess with the wires. Other than that, I can't get enough of this thing.

#18 ·
I was riding this weekend and a guy had one that was stock. He hit a mudhole and snapped something in the rear diff. Heard it snap. but noone seems to know what it could be. He continued on on 3 wheels the rest of the day. He didn't seem too worried about it because it was still under warranty.. I haevn't heard what the dealership said or if he has even taken it in yet.

#19 ·
teryx

No I'm not a lawyer,no I don't own one yet, I own 4 rhinos and love them,building one with a new 08 triple,FI 135hp yamaha snowmobile motor with a cv trans and reverse,only two wheel drive though,just for glamis...I am picking up a teryx this week. I just haven't been too impressed with them besides the potential power aspect of the brute force motor,just seems they need a lot more fix's by kawi before they have the bugs worked out eah? I'm also gauging what things I will need to address prior to driving the cabage out of it...keep all the comments coming,thanks for the heads up on items that need to be cared for...

#21 ·
Change the sensor. Mine did the same thing with about 5 hrs on it. If you look very close its the termnal moving inside the sensor. It took me a few times messing with the
wiring connectors to find out for sure. My dealer exchanged
the sensor. I put it on. No problems so far 23hrs. now.

#23 · (Edited)
No problems here...except maybe the shifting could be a little tighter... Best ride of all side by's though....I did have problem with roof noise even with bushings and brackets so I went to the hardware and bought 2 six foot pieces of 1" foam pipe insulation and cut it to fit between roof and roll bars....quiet as a mouse...

#25 ·
Love my Teryx but.........few design/ergonomic changes....CVT belt drive if it fails no plan b major deconstruction involved maybe 3" harley primary drive belt a solution.Cab was never designed for a windshield aerodynamics change and so does heat evacuation, insanely hot engine heat blowing near dog house w/ windshield.Last 2 cents push pins????those things disappear like a paycheck.....please make a full allen key set I mean every single bolt

#27 · (Edited)
One belt stretch and flat spot at 22 hours. Suspected second belt failure at 25 hours (goes in for diagnosis tomorrow). Won't shift from Low through High to Neutral. Have to tip it forward a bit. No fuel guage on 08 and hard to see through level window on tank.
Steering wheel never in line with wheel direction. Always turned about 30 degrees for going straight. Little things like that annoy me. Plastic poppers in plastics. Winch mount needs bracket.

#29 ·
not enough time to drive it! about 300 miles on mine so far and not a single problem.... :spank1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.