Proven Cooling Recommendations Please...
I've got a 2008 Terxy STD Bore and was just wondering of some ideas to keep her running a little cooler. Thought about these:
1. Aftermarket radiator--live in the south and mud ride so will still get clogged unless I do a relocate
2. Aftermarket impeller--heard these things really don't make a big difference???
3. Aftermarket oil cooler--expensive and would still get clogged with mud
4. Engine ice--mixed reviews on effectiveness over currently used Yamacool
5. manual fan switch to continually run fan
6. Installation of water temp, oil temp and oil pressure guages
Please reply only if you have proven experience with the above or any recommendations (i.e, aftermarket impeller dropped my engine temps by 20 degrees, etc)
Also, see alot of comment on here about bleeding the cooling system utilizing the thermostat housing bolt (loosening to bleed out air) but I have the service manual and it does not mention this at all? Only states to remove the radiator cap and run till no more bubbles appear in the coolant? Is this just an inside trick that works better than the manual process?
Thanks in advance for all info!
2008/STD Bore/Rhino overhead stereo & cab light kit/29.5 Outlaws/12" ITP SS wheels/4000# Warn R/T winch/aluminum stick stoppers and skid plate/BEARD rear bench seat/aluminum roof/VFJ Stage 3 clutch/plenum rings/Triangle snorkle kit/3" highlifter lift/2"spacers/dynojetted/dragonfire CDI/high performance custom snorkeled exhaust/neons/ Odyssey Yellow Top, Rigid Dually's, Custom front bumper/oil pressure and water temp guages/DASA impeller/Uni Filter with Billet adapter