Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

List your Teryx problems,no bs....

135K views 128 replies 92 participants last post by  dangbichha19259 
#1 ·
I want to know everybodies problems that they're having with their Teryxs....just factory induced problems,gas pedal touchy,won't start,engine blew up? .............

#33 ·
My biggest problem is I want to spend $20,000 in upgrades on it.:rofl2:

#39 · (Edited)
#40 ·
08 with 700 miles on it. The intake valves tightened up and lost compression. Now the air box came lose and sucked up some dust and wiped out the rings. I like my teryx but right now I want to burn it.

#43 ·
Main gripe, no gas gage or any other gages, SLOW steering but I cured that with a BilletKing rack thats 20% quicker - real nice now.

Lots of loose nuts and bolts on and around the engine when delivered from dealer, throttle cable fell off on first ride.

But altogether a great little vehicle.

#44 ·
Overall I love my Teryx, so only a couple issues:
leaky front driveshaft seal......all the time.
Poor Plenum seal
No gas gauge provided for the 08....this one is just dumb
Weak charging system

Other than that, this thing is a BAD A$$ machine and 2nd to none. IMO

#45 ·
Hmmm issues....

When it was stock...

Not enough power
Broke right front axle with stock tires(not really the axles fault)
Broke right front axle cup shaft(wheel trys to fall off)
Bent rotor
bent caliper
blew up the clutch basket in the front end(this makes a mess)

Blew head gasket(temp sensor broke to late only hurt coolant boiling)

Fixed that and nothing else really... Awesome side by side just needs fuel gauge.

#46 ·
Problems....1- air filter leaks dirt in (fixed)
2- engine blows oil into air plenum then plenum pops off (fixed)
other than that no problems Crow

#49 ·
Having a random problem with the bike deciding to quit running. It will run fine for a couple of days and then all of a sudden it acts like it is running out of gas. Back firing, popping, and cutting out are some of the simptoms. When i put it in nuetral I can rev it up as high as I want but then under load it wont run. I have it in the shop now and of course they are screwing me around. Any body else out there have a similiar problem?

#50 ·
My engine blew up, it pops out of gear, radiator fan had an electrical short so it stopped working, engine creates quite a bit of heat. no fuel gauge. Engine pumps oil out into intake plenum which then it drains into the carbs, had to install the catch can setup with a breather. Other than these minor issues its just been great.

#51 ·
:icon_rockwoot:Well... 08 Teryx 170hrs.

This might take a minute.
-steering wheel broke after about 10 hrs. Kawi replaced it.
-hour meter faded out. Kawi replaced it.
-cooling fan wire connection came loose. Fan came on then shut right back off. Re did the connection. Fine ever since.
-headlight plugs broke. probably from taking the hood off ALL THE TIME! Replaced with marine pin plug. Fine ever since.
-bed screws strip out real easy and plastic plug connectors break easy. oh well.
-stock tires didnt last for crap.
-I hate how you cant access under hood without taking hood off. oh well
-intake valves got really tight and lost compression. adjusted valves and now fine.
-no gas gauge. added one. cant read fuel tank inspection area. almost wanna run red dye in the gas so i could see it! lol.
-belt whines sometimes when in gear and stopped.
-air intake seems to be real finicky. the filter cant have too much oil or pantehose (sand riding) or it wont run right.
-overheats in sand sometimes. probably running too hard with 4 people. took back seat out. they can find there own ride! lol.
-stock battery and charging system wont handle extra add ons. installed optima. good to go.

I might be forgetting some little things but thats the jist of it. I still love this thing and wouldnt trade it for any other maker. BTW, we bit the living PISS out of this thing!! Still keeps ticking.

#52 · (Edited)
#55 ·
rear seal changed leaking again a little bit. no major problems other than wanting more upgrades

#56 ·
charging system and battery are a joke. Cant keep a rear seal from leaking. Other than I am glad I got a teryx.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.