This is a discussion on New 2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 LE Specs within the TeryxForums.net News forums, part of the Kawsaki Teryx Forum Members category; The new more powerful Kawasaki Teryx4™ LE is the pinnacle of Side x Side performance and styling. Packing all of the latest Teryx4 upgrades like ...
|TeryxForums.net News Kawasaki Teryx & TeryxForums.net News articles, Reviews, Site Information, Rules, etc. (Only Staff can Post)|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
New 2014 Kawasaki Teryx4 LE Specs
The new more powerful Kawasaki Teryx4™ LE is the pinnacle of Side x Side performance and styling. Packing all of the latest Teryx4 upgrades like a larger and significantly more powerful 800 class V-twin, and all-new Fox Podium shocks that help it set new standards in performance, reliability and durability, the LE model adds extra style and comfort with custom touches that give this tough Side x Side a trail presence that’s unmatched by any other unit!
• Larger 783cc digital fuel-injected 90-degree V-twin offers more power than ever, delivered exactly where a four-seat Side x Side needs it most. Even better... it does it all while delivering better fuel economy!
• Fox Podium shocks offer excellent sporty handling coupled with plush ride comfort
• LED headlamps provide higher intensity lighting for driving in low visibility conditions
• Kawasaki engineering and construction that is visibly strong, with high-quality welds, large bearings, stout U-joints and a premium look that can only be found on Teryx® side x sides
• Kawasaki engineering and construction that is visibly strong, with high-quality welds and a premium look that can only be found on Teryx® side x sides
• Electric Power Steering (EPS) system offers low-effort steering and extra damping at speed and in rough going
• Painted candy-colored Lime Green or Burnt Orange bodywork package offers good looks and extreme durability for the long haul, with scratch-resistant material used throughout
• 3-tone high-backed bucket seat covers offer comfort to match their custom looks
• The LE model also includes a stylish and functional cab roof/sun top that helps shield the driver and passengers from sun and rain, for enhanced comfort while exploring the great outdoors
• Roomy interior lets the driver and three passengers stretch out, while ample cargo space means you can take along plenty of supplies and gear
• Relatively short wheelbase allows a tight 16.7’ turning radius (handy for close-quarters maneuvering) and the ability to climb over obstacles that would ground longer and lower vehicles
• Superb off-road ability, including high-grade Maxxis Bighorn 26” tires on 12” rims, 10.8” of ground clearance, a 17-degree break-over angle, and 23.6” water fording depth
• Continuously variable transmission (CVT) and a centrifugal clutch offer sporty performance and the slow-speed throttle precision needed in tricky or slow-speed conditions
• Electronic three-mode transfer case is controlled by a handy cockpit switch and allows instantaneous changes from 2WD to 4WD and 4WD with differential lock for maximum traction situations
• Dual 200mm front discs and a sealed multi-plate rear brake system help provide stopping power
• Convenience features include latching doors, auto-style parking brake, roomy cargo area, full instrumentation, passenger hand-holds, over fenders for mud protection, easy-opening front hood for maintenance and much more
• Multi-function instrumentation offers the driver a host of important information, including speed, hour meter, fuel level and much more
More-Powerful Liquid-cooled 783cc V-twin Engine
• Larger 783cc SOHC, four-valve-per-cylinder, digital fuel-injected, 90-degree V-twin pumps out 10% more torque over a broad spread of the rev band, plus 8% more power, especially in the low-and mid-range, precisely where a four-seat Side x Side needs it.
• With improved fuel economy, the new 2014 Teryx4 goes farther than ever on one tank of gas
• Oversquare (85 x 69mm) engine dimensions and high-flow four-valve cylinder heads contribute to the Teryx4’s superb acceleration, low-and mid-range pulling power and overall engine flexibility
• 90-degree V-twin configuration offers perfect primary balance, resulting in low engine vibration and maximum comfort for driver and passengers
• Aluminum cylinders are electrofusion-plated for light weight and excellent heat dispersion – all of which add durability and reliability
• Valve timing, lift and ignition timing are optimized, as is the exhaust system, for a powerplant that pumps out ideal power for a four-person Side x Side
• Piston wall thickness, connecting rod bearing surfaces and crank journal surfaces are optimized for durability
• Engine can be started in gear as long as the brake pedal is depressed
• A heavy-duty liquid cooling system keeps temperatures under control in the harshest conditions, and provides long-term dependability
• Underhood snorkel air intake and massive air box feed the engine plenty of clean air while minimizing intake noise. Easy maintenance design promotes long engine life
• Paper air filter element offers plenty of surface area and excellent dust resistance
• Large-capacity radiator is compact and placed high in the chassis for protection against mud and debris, while a large cooling fan increases cooling capacity, especially during slower going and while towing heavy loads
• Large-diameter cooling-system hoses maximize coolant flow and overall capacity, while the coolant reservoir is located beneath the flip-up front cover for easy maintenance
• Engine weight is reduced via numerous advanced technologies, including lightened crank webs, rare earth magnet usage, a small generator, and paring excess material wherever possible
• An ignition cut-out helps preserve the brake system, by preventing driving while the parking brake is engaged
Digital Fuel Injection
• Digital Fuel Injection (DFI®) system offers excellent throttle response and automatically adjusts for changes in temperature and elevation for optimum performance in a wide range of environments
• Teryx4’s DFI system is controlled by a 32-bit ECU and continuously monitors coolant temperature, air-intake temperature and pressure, throttle position, vehicle speed and crankshaft angle to automatically provide the ideal amount of fuel via two 36mm throttle bodies, which include 12-hole fine-atomizing injectors, for extremely stable power delivery regardless of the conditions
• FI system permits easy engine starting at low temperature and utilizes an Automatic Idle Speed Control and Automatic Fast Idle function to help ensure smooth engine warm up
• The high-pressure fuel pump located within the tank features a unique reservoir chamber at the bottom of the pump to help ensure air does not leak into the fuel system
• Specific Teryx-sized throttle bodies, optimized ignition timing and fine-atomizing injectors maximize low-and mid-range torque as well as offer excellent response at higher rpm
Kawasaki Automatic Power-drive System CVT
• Featuring high and low ranges, plus reverse, this advanced and continuously variable transmission provides extremely direct engine feel along with instantaneous acceleration from the centrifugal clutch
• Transmission uses a strong, high-grade, Kevlar-impregnated belt designed to handle the high output of the engine. The drive converter shaft is hard chrome-finished for added durability
• The CVT Belt Protection System helps prevent freewheel, improves rocky terrain performance and reduces belt overloading by adding Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) data into the system
• Unnecessary belt wear is minimized with a system that reduces engine speed if the engine operates at high rpm for more than two seconds while the rear wheels are motionless
• A large intake duct, located high to keep water and debris out, provides plenty of cooling air to the CVT
• Heat shielding on the exhaust pipe below the intake duct helps minimize CVT temperatures
Responsive Centrifugal Clutch
• The smooth centrifugal clutch is key to the Teryx4’s superior acceleration precision at slow and very slow speeds
• Centrifugal clutch is located between the crankshaft and CVT drive pulley, which eliminates CVT belt shock and contributes to optimal transmission performance
Selectable Four-wheel Drive / Locking Front Differential
• Selecting two-or four-wheel drive is as easy as rotating a switch located on the dash to quickly choose between 2WD / 4WD / 4WD+differential lock
• Limited-slip front differential reduces steering effort under normal four-wheel drive operation, while a convenient dash-mounted knob allows the front differential to be locked to help boost traction in slippery conditions
Strong Double-X Frame Design and Wide-body Chassis
• The super-strong double-X frame design bridges each of the boxed sections with cross members that significantly stiffen and strengthen the overall structure, adding durability and reducing flex
• Strong tubular steel cab framework meets SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4 and 7.5 requirements as a roll-over protective structure (ROPS) and helps protect driver and passengers from trees, bushes and other overhanging obstacles, while also lending extra strength to the double-X frame
• Steel guards protect the engine from rocks and other trail hazards
• Sport-focused suspension has optimized spring and damping settings for high-performance riding and a high degree of comfort with extra passengers
• Wide-body track promotes secure handling, especially at speed, yet turning radius remains surprisingly tight – 16.7’ – thanks to the Teryx4’s short, 85.7” wheelbase
• Short wheelbase offers other advantages, including a favorable breakover angle, which allows the Teryx4 side x side to climb over obstacles without high-centering
• Chassis offers 11.1” of ground clearance, an ideal compromise between sport handling and the ability to clear tough off-road obstacles
• Frame design optimizes front and rear suspension lower A-arm lengths for precise handling and minimal geometry change throughout the suspension’s travel
• Engine and undercarriage guards provide maximum protection from rocks and debris
• Chassis and suspension serve up an ideal balance of bump absorption, taut steering and ride comfort with one, two, three or four occupants
Underhood Snorkel Air Intake
• Underhood snorkel air intake and massive air box feed the engine plenty of clean air while reducing intake noise. Easy maintenance design promotes long engine life
• Paper air filter element offers plenty of surface area and increased dust resistance
FOX Podium Shocks and Suspension
• High-performance gas-charged FOX Podium shocks on all-four corners feature remote resevoirs and adjustable spring preload and compression damping for excellent fade-resistant performance in the toughest conditions
• 8.0” of front and 8.3” of rear wheel travel helps provide a plush, controlled ride
• Independent rear suspension provides the best possible performance and handling over a wide-range of speeds
• The piggyback reservoirs on all-four shocks help reduce oil frothing under hard conditions by keeping the shocks cooler under strain
• A rear torsion bar helps minimize body roll, maximizing chassis performance
• Body-color painted suspension arms and coil-over springs complement the premium automotive finishes on this special Teryx4 LE’s bodywork
• Dual front 200mm disc brakes gripped by rigid-mount 27mm twin-piston calipers provide powerful, fade-free braking and solid feel. To protect against damage and debris, the discs are tucked within wheel recesses
• Premium quality braided-stainless-steel lines provide excellent brake pedal feel and consistency
• A sealed, oil-bathed multi-plate rear brake system provides maximum stopping power in almost any condition along with reduced maintenance due to its completely sealed design
• The sealed rear brake’s compact design contributes to excellent ground clearance
Large, 26-inch Tires
• 26-inch Maxxis tires developed specifically for Teryx side x sides provide outstanding traction in many different conditions
• Mounted on 12-inch rims, they are some of the largest tires available in the Side x Side category and provide outstanding rough terrain performance and obstacle clearance
Handy Cargo Bed
• Strong 18” x 48” cargo bed is both durable and plenty useful, especially with the extra passengers the Teryx4 can easily carry
• With a 250-pound capacity and standard cargo hooks, the Teryx4’s cargo bed helps carry quite a bit of gear, making the four-person Teryx4 massively functional
Comfortable Cockpit and Ergonomics
• 3-tone high-backed bucket seat covers offer comfort to match their custom looks With its massive passenger compartment, the Teryx4 provides plenty of shoulder and legroom
• Form-fitting bucket seats (the front ones are three-way adjustable) and retractable three-point seatbelts (with a shock absorbing anti-cinch system) help provide a comfortable ride
• Rear seats are mounted higher than those in front, which helps passengers see clearly ahead and makes getting in and out much easier
• Roomy seating position makes the Teryx4 easier get in and out of than other four-passenger sport Side x Sides
• Hand holds for front and rear passengers are standard, making it easier to climb in and out
• A drink holder for each seat is standard and helps keep occupants comfortable on long drives
• Padded sport-style steering wheel is positioned low for comfort
Multi-function Digital Display
• Standard on all models, the Multi-function Display includes a digital speedometer (mph or kph), clock, dual trip meters plus 2WD/4WD/4WD w/ differential lock indicator, water temperature and fuel-injection warning indicators, digital fuel gauge, hour meter, parking-brake indicator, CVT belt warning, neutral, reverse and low-oil-pressure warning lights, and much more
• Dual high-intensity LED headlights and 8/27W dual taillights mean you’ll see and be seen
• Automotive quality Candy Lime Green or Candy Burnt Orange paint coats the bodywork package and suspension components, offering great looks and extreme durability for the long haul, with scratch-resistant materials used throughout
• The LE model also includes a stylish and functional cab roof/sun top that helps shield the driver and passengers from sun and rain, for enhanced comfort while exploring the great outdoors
• Strong thermoplastic olefin bodywork looks great and offers a scratch-resistant surface that’s capable of staying good looking much longer than the cheap plastic bodywork offered by some competitors
• Four body colored doors offer easy access and an enhanced driving experience
• Fender extensions help keep flinging mud at bay
• Strong all-steel front guard helps protect the nose from brush, trail debris and minor impacts
• Forward-tilting front hood assembly offers quick access to the radiator and front suspension components for easy maintenance and suspension tuning
Range / Transportability
• Large 7.9-gal. (30L) fuel tank and excellent fuel efficiency provide workers, campers, hunters and trail explorers the ability to get far, far away and back again
• Even with its wide track and big tires, the Teryx4 is compact enough to fit in the bed of most full-size pickup trucks
Engine: Liquid-cooled, 90-degree, four-stroke V-twin
Valve system: SOHC, four valves per cylinder
Starting System: Electric
Bore x stroke: 85 x 69mm
Compression ratio: 10.7:1
Fuel system: DFI® with two 36mm Mikuni throttle bodies
Ignition: TCBI w/ electronic advance
Transmission: Continuously variable belt-drive transmission with high and low range, plus reverse and wet centrifugal clutch
Final drive: Selectable four-wheel drive with locking front differential, shaft
Frame: Double-X reinforced design using large-diameter, thin-walled, high-tensile tubular steel
Front suspension / wheel travel: Dual A-arm w/ new piggyback reservoir coil-over Fox Podium shocks, with adjustable spring preload and 24-way compression damping / 8.0 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) w/ new piggyback reservoir coil-over Fox Podium shocks, with adjustable spring preload and 24-way compression damping / 8.3 in.
Front tires: Maxxis 26x9-12
Rear tires: Maxxis 26x11-12
Front brakes: Dual hydraulic discs with 2-piston calipers
Rear brakes: Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
Overall length: 124.8 in.
Overall width: 61.6 in.
Overall height: 79.4 in.
Wheelbase: 85.7 in.
Ground clearance: 11.1 in.
Lighting: (2) High-intensity LED headlights, (2) 8 W taillight, 24 W stoplight
Cargo bed capacity: 249 lbs., 47.6 W x 17.9 L x 8.7 in. H
Towing capacity: 1,300 lbs.
Curb weight: 1580.3 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 7.9 gal.
Instruments: Multi-function digital meter w/ speedometer, fuel gauge, clock hour meter, odometer, dual trip meter and parking-brake indicator, CVT belt, R/N/P/4WD, water temp and low-oil-pressure indicators
Color(s): Candy Lime Green, Candy Burnt Orange
Warranty: 6 Months
Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
Interested in becoming a Supporting Vendor or just need some help around the site? Shoot me a PM
All AMSOIL Fluids, LSR +5 XTR Suspension (Elka Elites), Rigid RAD4 Cage; Dually & 10" Amber, BS Sand Seats, Rigid HID, Lots of UTV Inc,, Dynatec CDI, Hunterworks Carb Kit, DJ Safety Belts, Fuel Gauge, Quick Light 6" Fiber Whip (red), Rugged Intercom, Monster Edition Rims, Maxxis Cerros, Lowrance HDS-5, DFR Steering Rack & Yoshimura Exhaust, Heads ported/polish by Action Powersports in Chandler,AZ
im liking the fox piggyback shocks... for those who arent doing an LT kit, should be a nice upgrade.
2012 Blue T4 - LTI Long Travel with Kings - LTI cage - UTV Inc switches - FuelUTV switch panel - FuelUTV air filter - Rigid SR50 - Diablo beadlocks with SKAT paddles - 14" MSA Diesels with 29" Bighorns - Pro Armor 5pt harnesses - thats enough for now....
Kawasaki is really listening to us T4 owners. I like this machine alot however, I will keep my 2012 Blue T4 in anticipation of a 950cc in the future but for now the 800cc will keep many happy.
2012 Kawasaki Teryx 4
2" Highlifter * 1.5" Highlifter Wheel Spacers * Custom Aluminum Top * Heretic Studios 10" LED Bar * Totron 30" Light Bar * Side by Side Audio Sound Bar * Ricochet Skids * 12" MSA Pilot Wheels * 27x11x12 Kenda Bearclaw HTR * Bad Azz Wraps * EMP Bumpers
Nice job Kawi! I wish my 12 had the Fox shocks, but I don't think mine will be going anywhere. I'd also like to see 12" of wheel travel F/R.
2012 Teryx4 EPS
JBS Floorboard Skids
Warn Provantage 4500-S winch
Rigid Industries D2's Driving & SR-10 Specter Driving (front)
Rigid Industries Dually Flood (rear)
Kawi aluminum roof
28" ITP Blackwater Evolutions
Last edited by MattN03; 07-08-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Looks awesome. I'll bet there is more to come from Kawasaki.
2009 Kawasaki Teryx Sport Benchmark SBK, CNC ported heads, +1mm valves, stock clutch lightened to 73 grams, LTI +5" suspension, FU2Chassis cage, Induced Fab doors, 27x9 Mongrels, DASA exhaust w/quiet cores, DASA impeller, DASA OD clutch plate, DASA KEBC plate, MSD, bored throttle bodies, FuelUTV Siphon break, UNI air filter, lime green secondary spring, Agressor seats, TripleX bench, oem replacement HIDs, 6.5" LEDs on the A pillar, Fiber Skinz diff skids, UTV Inc. Temp gauge, UTV Inc. fan bypass, SSV stereo.
Safety is no accident
To little to late. Just like the 2012 t4. 33 cc and a set of shocks.. If you need a 4 seat the 2012 is way better than a rigged up t2. But I will keep my t2.
11 teryx I WOULD RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM. THAN BE LOVED FOR WHO I AM NOT.
Big kev's big bore,+11/2 intake,+ 1 exhaust,Full hand port job,38mm throttle bodies,MSD,Tunner,Muzzy pro,Modded air box,V Force john stage 3 clutch mod W weight kit,Uni filter and adpt,Standard width long travel 11 in travel,elka stage 3 elite w resi, custom bed delete,Hid lights,JBS full MR 10 windshield, fan override,fosgate stereo, Alum roof.,custom cage,induced fab doors,BS sand wide back seats,lowered seat bases,27.5 pit bull growlers. and more.
I am waiting patiently for someone to buy with the fox shocks and go LT then sell the fox shocks
2012 Red T4- stock for now except
Rigid Industries Dually D2S, 20" SR
08 Teryx, +3 CST Long Travel Kit-- Sold
Pro-Fill tank pre filter, LE wheels, 4500lb Super Winch, Kawasaki Cargo box, custom floor protectors, Boss ATV25B Bluetooth speakers/amp, Kawasaki soft top, Half shield, Kawasaki LED Headlights.
2011 550 Grizzly Steel Blue/Cast Wheels,Moose Hand gaurds,Elka stage 1 shocks,2500 RT Warn Winch,Full Ricochet Skids,Koplin Rear seat/storage box,Duro Power treads,Koplin Gun Boot
2006 Yamaha Vector Mountain RS 151" 973cc
'12 Teryx4 EPS- NoLimit wheels, Viper winch, Rigid Industries lighting, JBS Performance and Accessories
Click HERE to view my garage
Please check out these YouTube Pages for ride videos and more: WVGrizzly | ELK RIVER OFF-ROAD
Click HERE to view thread on why you should stay away from UNI filters!
|Search tags for this page|
2014 kawasaki teryx 800 horsepower,
2014 kawasaki teryx horsepower,
2014 teryx specs,
kawasaki teryx 4 seater specs,
kawasaki teryx 800 hp,
kawasaki teryx horsepower,
teryx 4 dimensions,
teryx 4 specs,
teryx 800 horsepower,
teryx 800 specs,
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.