Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

Winch hook stop

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Wolf 
#1 ·
Came across this a few years ago. Use a Kong dog toy (small) as a winch hook stop to protect your fairlead. It's softer than the plastic puck stops so there's some forgiveness if you winch in a little too tight. Plus, being a Kong product, they are tough. They get chewed up by the hook, rope, rocks, etc & last forever. Already has the hole through it. This is the third machine I've put one on & I won't use anything else. $5 on Amazon.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
If you don't like it, you can give it to a dog & make their day!

Reactions: AlphaPlex20
#7 ·
What if stuck nose down in mud

I think any of these stops are useless. There is a good chance that you are nose down in mud when stuck. Who wants to dive into the quagmire to retrieve the hook? In my book all my atv's and Teryx have the first 2 feet of cable covered and the hook fastened as high up as possible so you can reach it when stuck without fuss and need to mud dive, think it over

#8 ·
I think any of these stops are useless. There is a good chance that you are nose down in mud when stuck. Who wants to dive into the quagmire to retrieve the hook? In my book all my atv's and Teryx have the first 2 feet of cable covered and the hook fastened as high up as possible so you can reach it when stuck without fuss and need to mud dive, think it over
I will say that is not a bad idea. If I know if I'm going into mudhole and may need the winch I will reel some out and have it laying back in the cockpit to avoid crawling into the mud to get this. Of course I also made a winch mount that sits higher up in the front so it's unlikely it will be buried in the mud or snow when you need it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.