Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

28 x 10 on stock LE rims?

48K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  Skiddles 
#1 ·
Looking to do same size wheels all the way around on the stock 14" rims that my LE came with. I tried to do some searching but it seems everyone is adding same size tires to aftermarket wheels. I'm just wondering if I would need to add any spacers or if I would encounter any problems by changing out the stock 2.0 big horns.

Is it as easy as just tossing on a set of new tires without issue? Even if stock the fronts are 27x 9 and the rear 27x 11 on the 14" LE rims?

#3 ·
I just want to confirm that you put them on the stock 14" LE rims that came on the machine? IE the skinny ones in front, wider in the rear. You didn't need to add any spacers or make any other changes for it run true? Thanks much for your help, its time for some new tires and this comes at a good time. Coincidentally I'm also looking at the ripsaws.

#4 ·
My first set of tires were a set of 28x10x12 Zillas on stock aluminum wheels which were 12x6 front and 12x8 rear. They worked fine, but were a little more "balooned" in the front due to being on a narrower wheel. Placing same size tires on the stock wheels is very common, due to the cheaper cost of not having to bug a set of wheels.

What size tire you looking at?

#7 ·
I had a 2012 t4 and had a set of 28" bighorns and a set of 28" swamplites on that machine with the factory wheels that came on the machine and had no issues at all with no lift or spacers. I just purchased a new 2018 teryx 2 seater and it came from the factory with 27" bighorns, so going to 28" shouldn't be an issue.

#11 ·
I too am contemplating putting 28 x 10 Mongrels or Traxion Alpha's on all four corners of an unmodified 2017 Treyx4 LE. From what I gather here is this can be done with no modifications (lift and/ or spacers) which would be great
Does anyone have any pics of this setup?
Would really like to see how the setup looks in the front and rear before pulling the trigger on these

#26 ·
Rage Mohave Tires

Finally wore out the front tires on my 2017 Teryx LE after only a bit over 3000 miles. The Bighorn 2.0 tires just aren't very tough. I decided to go with Rage Mohave tires from Discount Tire with the same size all around including the spare. I now have 28x10x14s all around on the stock LE rims. the suspension is stock too, no lift kit or spacers. After about 400 miles on the new tires I am really pleased. There is no rubbing even on extreme downhill turns and the tires seem to be way more stable than the Bighorns. Consider me HAPPY.

Attachments

#27 ·
Finally wore out the front tires on my 2017 Teryx LE after only a bit over 3000 miles. The Bighorn 2.0 tires just aren't very tough. I decided to go with Rage Mohave tires from Discount Tire with the same size all around including the spare. I now have 28x10x14s all around on the stock LE rims. the suspension is stock too, no lift kit or spacers. After about 400 miles on the new tires I am really pleased. There is no rubbing even on extreme downhill turns and the tires seem to be way more stable than the Bighorns. Consider me HAPPY.
Thank you for posting some excellent photos along with your thoughts on the Rage Mohave tires. We've had a lot of good feedback from people running them.

We appreciate your business. :grin

#32 ·
Here's an update on the Rage Mohave tires on my 2017 Teryx. I now have over 2300 miles on the tires and they just keep surprising me with how good they are. When I was in Moab they got me through any trail or situation I encountered. In Colorado where I ride in the summer they have taken me places that are very technical with no bad issues. The tires work very well on blacktop which I have to drive on occasionally, but they are just fantastic on the rocky trails in the high country. Rock crawling is no problem and neither is mud or sand or deep water. With the Rage Mohave tires my Teryx seems able to go anywhere except for in deep snow which there is plenty of in Colorado this summer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.