Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

Teryx 4 Rear window

10K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  Fatherof1son 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I talked to the guy today. Very nice guy and he guaranteed me that it fits very tight to the cage and you can trailer it as well with no issues. It uses snap buttons to secure the bottom behind the seats and buckles and Velcro straps for the rest. For that price I’m going to try it. It looks well made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
I ordered one for my 2017 Teryx4 today...looking forward to getting it installed. On a side note, from the time I placed the order to getting shipping notification (label creation) was only a few minutes, and within 3 hours of placing the order, my order was on the USPS truck enroute to my door. That's some fast packing and shipping!

#17 ·
Just ordered one also.

#22 ·
Mine is showing to be here tomorrow. Ordered it this past Friday late evening he had it shipped Saturday morning.

#24 ·
Have mine installed.:grin

Attachments

#26 ·
I didn't think about taking any as I was installing. But here's a couple I just took to show. Bottom is hard to get a good pic with the seats in.
1st pic is the top 2nd pic passenger corner 3nd is the lower center. Not Hard to install but a 2nd set of hand help.
One problem I had was with the pop rivets. I have 3 different brands of guns and not one would seat deep enough in the male side of the snap to seat
the rivet tight against snap to where it was tight against sxs plastic when rivreted. I ended up making a spacer out of a 6-32 nut. Ground the nut shoulder off to make it round to fit inside the rivet side of the snap. Basically how it work -put the rivet through the snap then the made spacer over the rivet pin and then into the rivet gun. Just reuse the made spacer on all the other. Worked fine doing that. Don't know if it was just my guns but hope this may help someone with the same problem I had.

Attachments

#27 ·
I didn't think about taking any as I was installing. But here's a couple I just took to show. Bottom is hard to get a good pic with the seats in.

1st pic is the top 2nd pic passenger corner 3nd is the lower center. Not Hard to install but a 2nd set of hand help.

One problem I had was with the pop rivets. I have 3 different brands of guns and not one would seat deep enough in the male side of the snap to seat

the rivet tight against snap to where it was tight against sxs plastic when rivreted. I ended up making a spacer out of a 6-32 nut. Ground the nut shoulder off to make it round to fit inside the rivet side of the snap. Basically how it work -put the rivet through the snap then the made spacer over the rivet pin and then into the rivet gun. Just reuse the made spacer on all the other. Worked fine doing that. Don't know if it was just my guns but hope this may help someone with the same problem I had.

Thanks for the pics and tip. Hope to have mine on this week.

#28 ·
They make a special die to use with the pop river gun on the snap buttons. Just figured that out. Found it for $25. That’s not happening. I’m going to do what you did RDL17 for 50 cents. Here’s a pic of the die.
Macro photography Steel Metal

#32 ·
They make a special die to use with the pop river gun on the snap buttons. Just figured that out. Found it for $25. That’s not happening. I’m going to do what you did RDL17 for 50 cents. Here’s a pic of the die.
View attachment 51223

Buying a solution to the problem $25 coming up with a solution for pennies- priceless!

Reactions: Barefoot
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.