Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

Getting ready for the cold.

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  bull1980 
#1 ·
Just bought a 2019 T4 Camo and added the full camo enclosure. Im tryin to seal it up best I can. I notice that there is alot of cold air coming in around the steering column...Is there any good way to block this area? Also any other tips and tricks to keep warm would be appreciated. Any of you using 12 volt heaters?
The cold doesn't bother me much as I have rode my 700 Prairie in the winter for years. But my gal is definitely a fair weather rider. Hoping she will join me this winter, lol

#4 ·
I am installing a heater in my 17 t4 as we speak. I couldn't justify the high price tag of the complete units so I put my own together. I will have about $150 into it when I'm done.

This is the heater I bought.

I still haven't 100% decided how I am running the duct work. The heater is installed under the driver seat. I can snag some pictures if you would like to see it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I am installing a heater in my 17 t4 as we speak. I couldn't justify the high price tag of the complete units so I put my own together. I will have about $150 into it when I'm done.

This is the heater I bought.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K2CSQQ3/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_brR2Db0G7D4FR

I still haven't 100% decided how I am running the duct work. The heater is installed under the driver seat. I can snag some pictures if you would like to see it.

yes....post some pics...like to see the install......

looks more compact than the one I posted from Summit

#5 ·
I purchased a 28,000 BTU hot rod heater from Jegs and installed it facing forward just below the center of the rear passenger grab bar in my 2016 T4. Had some challenges finding the right size and shape heater hose off the engine, but it works well as a heater and defroster. Used foam pipe insulation wrap taped on with gaffer tape to the column to cut out airflow. Anyone that lives in colder parts of the country will tell you that heat your Teryx produces in the summer completely disappears when the temp drops below 40 degrees. I have the full tilt windshield full rear window/cover panel and full soft top doors and there are still lots of small air gaps. I used a pond liner under the factory hard cap to assist with those air gaps. Gaffer tape around the windshield, hard cap and soft doors. I am pretty good down into the teens (light jacket, gloves and hat). At single digit temps my 28,000 BTU heater has a hard time keeping things very warm and you need a good coat thicker gloves and you ears covered. Never an issue though on defrosting the inside of the front window, this setup works great for that. I need to seal around the doors and then I should be good into the single digits in a light jacket.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I still need to install a valve between the two tees to force all the coolant through the heater. For now I will just use a pinch clamp to do that. I'm having a hard time sourcing a compact full port ball valve that is 1" like the ones coming off the heater core. Those are pex valves and the biggest pex valve that is made is 7/8".

#9 ·
My mind isn't totally made up yet as to how I'm going to route the ducting. my 2" duct kits should be in Tuesday or Wednesday so I can start tinkering with the layout. I'm probably going to just route everything through the center console. For the rear passengers it will probably come out under the front seats at the legs. For the front passenger and driver I'll probably just come out of the side of the center console. I don't think I'm going to actually plumb any vents in the dash.

#12 ·
Hey Shane, I added some pictures of a roof liner, column covers and lower windshield corner covers. my wife sewed these all using 35 dollars of material and are held on with Velcro. noticed 2 things, first if you have no wind coming in at all its warmer and 2nd the roof liner quieted the cab even further due to absorbing interior noise versus bouncing off the plastic roof. also 12v heaters total waste and the picture that justin0009 put for a heater did not work well with someone I know due to occasionally packing with snow, especially when driving in fresh powdery snow he said, thought i'd share that. I too will be working on something in the near future possibly.

Attachments

#14 ·
its from sidebyside enclosures, and I think they go by the name utvenclosures.com located in Ohio. We really like it, quality made, good fit, thick clear plastic that doesn't scratch or scuff easy.. If I had one draw back it would be that you have to unzip windows to get in and out. I have a friend that has the aluminum door frame type but it does not seal as well and rattles a bit, so to me the one I have is better. they're great company to deal with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.