Random difference between 2010 and 2019 T2. - Kawasaki Teryx Forum
General Teryx Discussion For General Teryx talk. If it's about Teryx's and does not fall into another category, it belongs here!

3Likes
  • 1 Post By Stormking
  • 1 Post By Stormking
  • 1 Post By 6.2Blazer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
Random difference between 2010 and 2019 T2.

Only a few miles on around the yard, late in the day with my new 2019 T2. Few random things I noticed from 2010

dif shifter now electric. There stories about this not shifting properly and wrecking stuff.
Dash somewhat newer but not much. Light shows if in x4 or x2. Wish it light up high and low. In dark sometimes you forget. You expect low to come before high.

Rocker switch instead of dial for light. Maybe not as robust, neutral.

Tranmission hump all the way across. Don't care for this. Wont be able to put chainsaw on floor, but I guess can put behind seat. It was a deal breaker when I sat in Wolverine, just to small.

Base model now has cup holders. Hopefully don't get hot n engine. Though I did find the hole in the dash handy. If no cupholder there, wish the hole was still there.

Has half doors. I like, though wish a little taller for safey sake.

Bed seems smaller. I use teryx to get hard to reach firewood. PLus I carry lots of junk. Hope my mortar box still fits. Though some stuff can behind seat. Ws going to buid wood box like a truck box for bed. Not sure now. Maybe just looks smaller.

Don't like roll bar. Old one cross esbehind you, so firewood could not fall forward. And could hang stuff.

Battery now under hood. Not really sure. Hopefully can get jump pack or different chargers on easy. Does come with pigtail for charger. Battery and electrical was under drivers seat.

Hood does not tilt, now small panel in middle of hood.

Moved parking brake, more like old cars. Mine got screwed up and limit switch stuck, killing engine. Was in dash. Hopefully this one works, cause will be hard to jury rig on trail.

Has grab bars for passenger to hold on to.

Kills engine if driver does not have seat belt on. Total BS. Should trust me to ride around my yard. Total nanny over the top.

Seats don't come off. Bottom of seat does now. Seats seam nicer. Fancy colors.

Has more texture on plastic for shifter.

Power steering, I think I will really like. GF was happy. It could really snap your fingers.

Whopping 50ccs bigger.

Comes with rails on bed for tieing stuff down, like this. Anchor points in bed don't look as robust, but not like you are chaining a fairly wheeler down. Didn't come with the net in the back.

Big 1/2 gallon more of gas.

Cargo behind seats, which I think might be my favorite. Would like to see more cubby holes and storage on SXSs.

Little more flashy, green a-arms, rather than black, colored seats. Don't care.

Dash has lots of indentations, that could maybe be cut out for stuff. Not really sure point, just flashy.

I believe supposed to have a guard on drive shaft so rear axle seal won't leak.

CV boot guards are joke. Not sure why they would shrink them.

Does not have plastic over front bumper. Looks better, just got smashed anyways. Why put plastic on something made to take a hit?

Not quite as utiitarian looking and feel. Don't really care.

Don't need to pop pins to check oil, just move rubber sheet. Who though old one was good idea?

Half doors will add some protection. Cargo bins nice. Power steering going to be nice. Seats might be more comfy, but I though old ones were good.

Looking forward to adding some pouches and filling cargo bins.

More to come in the daylight and more rides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:51 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Actually + 34cc, 749 to 783, Rounded up a little more than in the past!

Good luck with the new ride. I saw about the tire, that's some damn bad luck!
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
I don't know if luck or not. I have never popped a tire and I got bad places in the woods. All plastic is trash or gone. 3 Cv boots.

So other difference I learned is rear tires inflated to 15 psi now, used to be 10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
I can't believe still using acid batteries. Who ever came up with new set up for mounting needs to be kicked in the nuts. I am going to sell this thing before I have to replace the battery. Ha.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:56 PM

Odysey 925 a good battery replacement or optima? CV boots- I tore 1 once. Agree on new hood design, I liked the flip hood best. Lights are much better. Power is much better. Open it up you will notice. Much better mpg then your old one-I promise big upgrade there. Diff lock will irritate ya at some point when it flashes confused. Stop maybe key off on fixes it. Just connect seatbelt and sit on it. I do when in and out working.
Bad Mojo likes this.

2018 Teryx 4 Camo. Bandits, 4500 winch, Flipper windshield, Boss stereo rocks, 2" spacers, VForce tuned! Sportsman SP850 Camo for fast times, MAGA!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
There are laws require you to wear seat belts on public roads, but my truck lets me drive without, if I were to choose. So why would an off road vehicle require it? I wear seat belt when riding. But when doing lots of in and out, I don't. It is really more dangerous. You are just going to tie it back. But lets be real they don't care about our safety. Something most have happened, and someone got hurt.

Not even thinking about battery replacement. Though I realize I am going to do one on my 2010 sooner than later. But I would think this one should have years to go. My complaint is placement, the connections and how hard it is to get out. Granted I have never taken my 2010 out. But the terminals are in your face.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 09:34 AM

Insurance liability lawsuits. That's Amerika! Lawyers=leeches sometimes. Do as ya please! Don't forget about reverse light mod! I use a TSC cheap led light hooked into reverse wire under bed and bolted to frame. Very nice at night but doesn't light up forest. $20 mod.
Bad Mojo likes this.

2018 Teryx 4 Camo. Bandits, 4500 winch, Flipper windshield, Boss stereo rocks, 2" spacers, VForce tuned! Sportsman SP850 Camo for fast times, MAGA!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 09:49 AM

You can buy a seatbelt override plug for $14 and takes about 30 seconds to install....or just pull the wires and connect them. It doesn't kill the engine, just limits top speed.

The 4wd selector not always working properly is a common issue, but never heard anything about it wrecking anything.

These posts show how all of these crazy internet rumors get started........you go from limiting the top speed if not wearing the seatbelt to "killing the engine" and from the 4wd sometimes not disengaging to it "wrecking stuff". Guarantee within 3 months on another forum people will be talking about how not wearing the seatbelt completely kills the engine.......
Bad Mojo likes this.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
It severely limits to the point I would call it killing. I discovered in parking lot. At least on my 2019.

BS saying it limits top speed.

As for my comment on 4wd. People claimed old ones had issues with shifter. Which is probably why they changed it, though maybe not successfully.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
Really like the industry standardiazed on sizes for acc switches. Was nice to just cut out the holes and pop in the switch in the dash. That was slick Slick just popping it off too.

I think if I built my own and was king I would have a hole in the fire wall with rubber fingers to push through for wires, make it really easy.

Does concern about place for mice to nest. Never pulled off my old console to see. But the gaps are pretty big. I didn't expect that. I expect to have to drill some small holes.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
Cuts out at 6 mph. Gas tank is different I think you can look down in it. Maybe fill faster.

Gas tank is not vented. So I guess don't have to worry about modding gas vent which I read about. Hope the tank doesn't warp or crack from pressure.

Feels slughish. Motor may be tight or maybe just the pedal. Makes it feel slow. I havery not floored it yet. So maybe an illusion. Just feels like should be going faster.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
It's not that wa out but it does feel cooler. Just as loud. Should probably wear ear plugs.

Seems like it is not screaming when doing 30, but without tach hard to say.

Those bins are so deep need something go between them. I used to water jug between seat. Can't reach bottom to get it while seated.

Gf likes driving it with power steering. Dash it turned towards driver, passenger can't see.

Shocks seem.better, but it is newer.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
New globe boxes are smaller
Roll bar in front is angled on new ones. Not sure if they make 36" rollback bag, rather than 48. One of the handiest things I bought
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 09:02 PM

It cuts out at 6 because seatbelt isn't locked. gas tank is vented into frame on top of tank, look better, now fix it at some point soon. Motor is tight but floor it and it will wake up. It is loud I agree, especially at 60 mph! A six pack cooler fits nicely between seats middle of storage bins.

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
I don't think tank is vented. You take the gas cap off and it blows out for a long time. This worries me for wrecking tanks.

Yes I know it cuts out due to seat belt. Few posts back we debated semantics of this. I think it is poor idea. My truck which runs on roads that legally require, does not cut out. I do use seat belts, but not around yard and easy drives.

Drove 2010, it felt the same at 30.

New one felt squirely on gravel in 30s, more so. I doubt I'll ever have it some where stable enough to go over 40.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
GF was commenting how much bigger it felt. On paper, enough to ,and it not fit I truck. Which is why I bought last on I also bought teryx because smaller than ranger. This now is downfall of sharing t4 platform. I do like storage. Need to measure bed seems smaller don't like how lack of roll bar would let wood fall forward.

I suspect will be getting g my old one fixed up for the woods. Need to figure out burning oil smell. These things are suck PIA to work on.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
New bed is 3 short can live with it. Annoyed at new anchors on bed. You had anchors at top corners of bed. Worked good for stealing to sides and back tool boxes. My tool boxes are thick enough to go from rail down to anchor in floor. So need to come up with something. Don't want to waste room with filler behind it. Don't want to drill top rails to put anchors near rear. Maybe find way to wrap it.

Major flaw is rear end. Used to have anchor point or point to run chains or straps under trailer hitch. Now all it has is spot for safety chains. Major screw up. How many people even use safety chain for sxs or atv? F**** up IMO.

I leave trailer receiver without ball in all the time and carry levis. But this is yuppie design they got. You need places to anchor. I thought spot under hitch was standard. My atv has it.

They could do both
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
Stuck in reverse for awhile. I figured I was driving backwards 5 miles. Not sure if lingage is tight, or rpms high and won't shift. No tach, but at times RPMs do seem to high at idle.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormking View Post
Odysey 925 a good battery replacement or optima? CV boots- I tore 1 once. Agree on new hood design, I liked the flip hood best. Lights are much better. Power is much better. Open it up you will notice. Much better mpg then your old one-I promise big upgrade there. Diff lock will irritate ya at some point when it flashes confused. Stop maybe key off on fixes it. Just connect seatbelt and sit on it. I do when in and out working.
First time using diff lock it goes bunkers. Won't switch out and 2x and x4 flashing back and forth. Restarted, and lights settled down. But how do you know its still not locked?

First time using, is not a great track record. Only used once.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 08:14 PM
Premium Member

Garage
If you can go over about 12mph without the engine cutting out, it's not in diff. lock. Same result as driving without the seat belt fastened. When the lights are flashing the shift is not mechanically taking place and the ECU gets "confused" . Turning the wheels and backing up are sometimes effective in helping the mechanical shift out of diff. lock, turning the machine on and off clears the ECU as you discovered. The shift mechanism is fairly complex with electric servos, shift forks and slider gears. Sometimes there is pressure on the gears and it is reluctant to shift. Hopefully it will work better for you when it gets some time on it.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 04:36 AM

The diff-lock being "finicky" has really been my only issue . All of the "complaints" being talked about , I knew before I bought . No vehicle (regardless of how many wheels) will be everything you want .
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennosescotty View Post
If you can go over about 12mph without the engine cutting out, it's not in diff. lock. Same result as driving without the seat belt fastenedt.
12 mph diff is new too. Not sure there was really a need for that. But not sure I really care, though maybe going up steep hills could be a problem.

Going to take video next time it goes nuts to show dealer. Not sure if I will bring it in or not. But eating crap sandwich is why they get away with selling crap.

As for seat belt limiter, which is real BS. Not sure if speed or RPMs. I rarely use low. It has cut out at 6 mph in high. I was putting it away yesterday, was parked in yard. Put in low, and seemed like it was cutting out at 3 mph. I wonder if it is driven by RPM not speed. I was in the barn by then.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
Will the shifting get better? Getting stuck in reverse miles from home would be annoying. Plus it just shifts so hard. Were they fixing something by going to the new shift pattern? I am not sure if just tight, or the new pattern is the issue. Maybe I forgot what my old was like new. But turning around is more enjoyable on the old one.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
You would go ape bleep if a new truck behaved poorly. But for some reason people just figured it's ok for other stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Teryx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode