Random difference between 2010 and 2019 T2. - Kawasaki Teryx Forum
General Teryx Discussion For General Teryx talk. If it's about Teryx's and does not fall into another category, it belongs here!

3Likes
  • 1 Post By Stormking
  • 1 Post By Stormking
  • 1 Post By 6.2Blazer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
Random difference between 2010 and 2019 T2.

Only a few miles on around the yard, late in the day with my new 2019 T2. Few random things I noticed from 2010

dif shifter now electric. There stories about this not shifting properly and wrecking stuff.
Dash somewhat newer but not much. Light shows if in x4 or x2. Wish it light up high and low. In dark sometimes you forget. You expect low to come before high.

Rocker switch instead of dial for light. Maybe not as robust, neutral.

Tranmission hump all the way across. Don't care for this. Wont be able to put chainsaw on floor, but I guess can put behind seat. It was a deal breaker when I sat in Wolverine, just to small.

Base model now has cup holders. Hopefully don't get hot n engine. Though I did find the hole in the dash handy. If no cupholder there, wish the hole was still there.

Has half doors. I like, though wish a little taller for safey sake.

Bed seems smaller. I use teryx to get hard to reach firewood. PLus I carry lots of junk. Hope my mortar box still fits. Though some stuff can behind seat. Ws going to buid wood box like a truck box for bed. Not sure now. Maybe just looks smaller.

Don't like roll bar. Old one cross esbehind you, so firewood could not fall forward. And could hang stuff.

Battery now under hood. Not really sure. Hopefully can get jump pack or different chargers on easy. Does come with pigtail for charger. Battery and electrical was under drivers seat.

Hood does not tilt, now small panel in middle of hood.

Moved parking brake, more like old cars. Mine got screwed up and limit switch stuck, killing engine. Was in dash. Hopefully this one works, cause will be hard to jury rig on trail.

Has grab bars for passenger to hold on to.

Kills engine if driver does not have seat belt on. Total BS. Should trust me to ride around my yard. Total nanny over the top.

Seats don't come off. Bottom of seat does now. Seats seam nicer. Fancy colors.

Has more texture on plastic for shifter.

Power steering, I think I will really like. GF was happy. It could really snap your fingers.

Whopping 50ccs bigger.

Comes with rails on bed for tieing stuff down, like this. Anchor points in bed don't look as robust, but not like you are chaining a fairly wheeler down. Didn't come with the net in the back.

Big 1/2 gallon more of gas.

Cargo behind seats, which I think might be my favorite. Would like to see more cubby holes and storage on SXSs.

Little more flashy, green a-arms, rather than black, colored seats. Don't care.

Dash has lots of indentations, that could maybe be cut out for stuff. Not really sure point, just flashy.

I believe supposed to have a guard on drive shaft so rear axle seal won't leak.

CV boot guards are joke. Not sure why they would shrink them.

Does not have plastic over front bumper. Looks better, just got smashed anyways. Why put plastic on something made to take a hit?

Not quite as utiitarian looking and feel. Don't really care.

Don't need to pop pins to check oil, just move rubber sheet. Who though old one was good idea?

Half doors will add some protection. Cargo bins nice. Power steering going to be nice. Seats might be more comfy, but I though old ones were good.

Looking forward to adding some pouches and filling cargo bins.

More to come in the daylight and more rides.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:51 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Actually + 34cc, 749 to 783, Rounded up a little more than in the past!

Good luck with the new ride. I saw about the tire, that's some damn bad luck!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
I don't know if luck or not. I have never popped a tire and I got bad places in the woods. All plastic is trash or gone. 3 Cv boots.

So other difference I learned is rear tires inflated to 15 psi now, used to be 10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
I can't believe still using acid batteries. Who ever came up with new set up for mounting needs to be kicked in the nuts. I am going to sell this thing before I have to replace the battery. Ha.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:56 PM

Odysey 925 a good battery replacement or optima? CV boots- I tore 1 once. Agree on new hood design, I liked the flip hood best. Lights are much better. Power is much better. Open it up you will notice. Much better mpg then your old one-I promise big upgrade there. Diff lock will irritate ya at some point when it flashes confused. Stop maybe key off on fixes it. Just connect seatbelt and sit on it. I do when in and out working.
Bad Mojo likes this.

2018 Teryx 4 Camo. Bandits, 4500 winch, Flipper windshield, Boss stereo rocks, 2" spacers, VForce tuned! Sportsman SP850 Camo for fast times, MAGA!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
There are laws require you to wear seat belts on public roads, but my truck lets me drive without, if I were to choose. So why would an off road vehicle require it? I wear seat belt when riding. But when doing lots of in and out, I don't. It is really more dangerous. You are just going to tie it back. But lets be real they don't care about our safety. Something most have happened, and someone got hurt.

Not even thinking about battery replacement. Though I realize I am going to do one on my 2010 sooner than later. But I would think this one should have years to go. My complaint is placement, the connections and how hard it is to get out. Granted I have never taken my 2010 out. But the terminals are in your face.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 09:34 AM

Insurance liability lawsuits. That's Amerika! Lawyers=leeches sometimes. Do as ya please! Don't forget about reverse light mod! I use a TSC cheap led light hooked into reverse wire under bed and bolted to frame. Very nice at night but doesn't light up forest. $20 mod.
Bad Mojo likes this.

2018 Teryx 4 Camo. Bandits, 4500 winch, Flipper windshield, Boss stereo rocks, 2" spacers, VForce tuned! Sportsman SP850 Camo for fast times, MAGA!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 09:49 AM

You can buy a seatbelt override plug for $14 and takes about 30 seconds to install....or just pull the wires and connect them. It doesn't kill the engine, just limits top speed.

The 4wd selector not always working properly is a common issue, but never heard anything about it wrecking anything.

These posts show how all of these crazy internet rumors get started........you go from limiting the top speed if not wearing the seatbelt to "killing the engine" and from the 4wd sometimes not disengaging to it "wrecking stuff". Guarantee within 3 months on another forum people will be talking about how not wearing the seatbelt completely kills the engine.......
Bad Mojo likes this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
It severely limits to the point I would call it killing. I discovered in parking lot. At least on my 2019.

BS saying it limits top speed.

As for my comment on 4wd. People claimed old ones had issues with shifter. Which is probably why they changed it, though maybe not successfully.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
DILLIGAF

Garage
Really like the industry standardiazed on sizes for acc switches. Was nice to just cut out the holes and pop in the switch in the dash. That was slick Slick just popping it off too.

I think if I built my own and was king I would have a hole in the fire wall with rubber fingers to push through for wires, make it really easy.

Does concern about place for mice to nest. Never pulled off my old console to see. But the gaps are pretty big. I didn't expect that. I expect to have to drill some small holes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Teryx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in