Here are the rest of the pics, just got it put back together. I ended up placing material on most of the upper intake plenum that was exposed. I really wanted to take it off completely and cover every inch, but I was unwilling to take dash off at this time, so I just did what was easy to get to.
I also did the belt exhaust, but not the intake as I'm going to switch it over to the old style that draws from up under the dash. I covered about half of the clutch primary cover, and put a couple pieces of material in other places on the clutch side of the case. While I was in there I did the tank vent mod with mini inline filter.
Now, I just fired it up. At idle, and with a couple light revs I don't think I can tell a difference, but I really didn't expect it to do much with that low of frequency. I cant wait to give a good test and see what it did for clutch/drivetrain noise.
Honestly, I expect more of a heat reduction than noise reduction, and that's fine. I was tired of the heated cup-holders. They have three layers on them now
. As soon as I find a place to get good silicone rubber sheeting and MLV (mass loaded vinyl) as a reasonable price I will go back in with some of that.