That time of year again (plow/snowblower) - Kawasaki Teryx Forum
How - To For Modifications, Bolt-Ons, Maintenance and Troubleshooting How-To's - Pictures make it better!

 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Urmudder
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
 
Urmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 29
That time of year again (plow/snowblower)

Anyone have any experience with a front mount snowblower? Couldn't find anything here using search. Not sure weather to go that route or the Motoalliance set-up. Do they still give member discounts?
Local place is advertising this-
$2,995
Brand new 60” snow blower for side x sides. Universal mount, controlled by winch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Missimo blower.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	53623  

Last edited by Urmudder; 09-25-2019 at 10:50 AM.
Urmudder is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
 
Urmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 29
After all of the feedback, decided to try one of these. Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MBNP3110[1].jpg
Views:	25
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	53659  
AlphaPlex20 likes this.
Urmudder is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 04:04 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 142
Wow that thing looks beefy lol...

If I were you I would do the following:

max the air pressure or close on the front tires

Adjust your shocks and ride height to sit a couple inches higher-Its gonna sag when its weighed down with slush/heavy snow packed in things

Chains and some weight in the bed

Check your front bearings after winter is over. I know the teryx/4s don't have the reputation like other utvs do but the factory units were not designed for regular snow plw/blower use so inspect after the first season. Don't remember if they are serviceable on these or not though.

Also are those two stage units? I remember a lot for the riding lawn mowers are single stage and my little 28in two stage walk behind unit would snowblow circles around the riding lawn more unit lol.

Orange 17 Teryx4 LE, 4.5k winch, Full windshield, Roof, quadboss front rack, full size front spare tire/wheel
justinooo9 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
 
Urmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinooo9 View Post
Wow that thing looks beefy lol...

If I were you I would do the following:

max the air pressure or close on the front tires

Adjust your shocks and ride height to sit a couple inches higher-Its gonna sag when its weighed down with slush/heavy snow packed in things

Chains and some weight in the bed

Check your front bearings after winter is over. I know the teryx/4s don't have the reputation like other utvs do but the factory units were not designed for regular snow plw/blower use so inspect after the first season. Don't remember if they are serviceable on these or not though.

Also are those two stage units? I remember a lot for the riding lawn mowers are single stage and my little 28in two stage walk behind unit would snowblow circles around the riding lawn more unit lol.
It has its own wheels to support the weight, the only time the weight is on the front end is when it's lifted off the ground with the winch. Yes it's two stage.
Urmudder is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 07:52 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 142
I see. Is that a Massimo or something or another? I couldn't find mototalliance but looks like a good set up. Keep us updated on how you like it etc.

Orange 17 Teryx4 LE, 4.5k winch, Full windshield, Roof, quadboss front rack, full size front spare tire/wheel
justinooo9 is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
 
Urmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 29
Got 'er all mounted and took a vid, will need to post a link as you can't post vids here I guess.

Last edited by Urmudder; 10-05-2019 at 04:43 AM.
Urmudder is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
 
Urmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 29
Here it is, link to it in action-
https://youtu.be/mFw_zDGjC9g
Urmudder is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 06:14 AM
Bill Pelka
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Spokane, Washington
Posts: 92
That looks nice. I went with the Moto Alliance Plow because I had the snow blower for the tractor. I'd get a bunch of shear pins and all the tools you need to change in the field. And look it over so you can change the shear pin quickly and get back to snow blowing... Mine takes 1/4-20 bolts and I am able to get it changed and back to blowing in about 2 mins...
Bill in Spokane...
wjpelka is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
 
Urmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjpelka View Post
That looks nice. I went with the Moto Alliance Plow because I had the snow blower for the tractor. I'd get a bunch of shear pins and all the tools you need to change in the field. And look it over so you can change the shear pin quickly and get back to snow blowing... Mine takes 1/4-20 bolts and I am able to get it changed and back to blowing in about 2 mins...
Bill in Spokane...
Thanks Bill, already have the spare pins and belts on the way.
Urmudder is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 06:41 AM
 
VirginiaHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Near Fredericksburg Virginia
Posts: 758
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urmudder View Post
Thanks Bill, already have the spare pins and belts on the way.
'67 Coronet? Nice. I'm a MOPAR guy as well

2016 T2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan 1500
VirginiaHawk is online now  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
 
Urmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaHawk View Post
'67 Coronet? Nice. I'm a MOPAR guy as well
Yes Sir!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1781.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	53711  
Urmudder is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 10:04 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urmudder View Post
It has its own wheels to support the weight, the only time the weight is on the front end is when it's lifted off the ground with the winch. Yes it's two stage.
I think the concern is whenever you lift it up (backing up, etc...). Looked up the website and actually surprised it "only" weighs 210 lbs. considering it has a 420 cc engine, however that is 210 lbs. hanging a good ways out from the mount. I wouldn't bother with chains and weights just yet. With a blower you are really not pushing a lot of snow around like you would with a 72" plow so it takes less force.
6.2Blazer is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
 
Urmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.2Blazer View Post
I think the concern is whenever you lift it up (backing up, etc...). Looked up the website and actually surprised it "only" weighs 210 lbs. considering it has a 420 cc engine, however that is 210 lbs. hanging a good ways out from the mount. I wouldn't bother with chains and weights just yet. With a blower you are really not pushing a lot of snow around like you would with a 72" plow so it takes less force.
Almost no weight on the SxS, it raises by pivoting on its own frame. It doesn't get picked up off the ground (see my you tube link)
Urmudder is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Teryx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome