Which accessories do you want? - Kawasaki Teryx Forum
KRX 1000 Dedicated discussions for the Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Question Which accessories do you want?

We need more threads here, so I'll start one... which accessories do you want for your KRX?

I got the Sport Roof yesterday when I picked up my KRX. It's $200 cheaper than the "premium" roof and doesn't have the (IMO) silly "sunroof" hole, which to me, defeats the purpose of having a roof. It's a decent-quality piece and took about a half hour to install.

Next payday I'm going to order the skid plate and suspension arm guards. After that, I will add the Rock Sliders and the Nerf Bars. Then it'll be time for bumpers. I'm tempted to wait on bumpers to see what the aftermarket comes up with.

I MIGHT even spring for (at some point in the future) the heater kit. I know I want the alternator upgrade, as I want to get some LED light bars for it. I'm not spending $500 on the Kawi light bar, though. I can get one on eBay for $60, and I may fab my own mount, or spend the $100 on the OEM mount that includes the switch.

At $1500+, I have no desire to get the audio system. Seems if you want something like that, you could save a small fortune by buying a marine head unit and speakers and installing all of it yourself. I'm fine streaming music into my helmet with my SENA SMH-10 that I also use on my motorcycle.

I also can't decide on a spare tire. I'm not really sure it's necessary. I'll carry a plug kit and an air compressor like I do on the quad, but a whole wheel and tire? That's 35-40 lbs of unnecessary weight and uses a lot of cargo space. Not to mention the cost of buying it. I'd be curious to hear thoughts on that.

'20 KRX-1000
'17 Tiger 800 XCA
'17 Versys-X 300
'16 Sportsman 850 SP EPS
'96 DR650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 09:25 PM
ROCKSOFFROAD

We ordered the heater we always wanted a full cab on our 2014 T4 also getting it street legal right from the start that was the priority this time
We wanted it all but had to choose what we could do without for now the t4 had full windshield but no upper door windows or wiper glad we could go for it this time
We also ordered front & rear bumpers
No stereo last time it was a waist to get it couldn't hear a thing past 20 mph $1000 is twice what we payed I love the tunes but maybe a wetbar Bluetooth or headphones or something ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
14 T4 LE
Factory full windshield Factory stereo
UTV tech Folding mirrors
njc Throttle pedal mod
Chilly Glove box plate
Fuel vent mod
Tusk rear window

Last edited by rocksoffroad; 11-04-2019 at 09:31 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

I want to get the heater too eventually.. maybe next year.. but I'm not sure if it'd get enough use to justify the cost. First I want the alternator so I can get the light bars and other electrical stuff setup.

I also don't see a point in the stereo... too costly and like you said, you can't hear it above certain speeds anyway, and I was raised to not make a nuisance of myself to others, so blaring a stereo on the trails doesn't work for me. I stream music into my helmet with my SENA SMH-10.

This weekend I'm picking up the half windshield. I'm considering the soft rear panel, since it can be unzipped and rolled up. Here in Arizona, our winters are VERY mild. Summers are too hot to ride (without A/C), so it gets parked from June through September.

I was going to get that tail box, but for $350 it's just not enough. It's little more than a "fat" tailgate with some storage space. And the tailgate is also a joke because it doesn't fold down like on a truck. I'm going to wait -- I bet the aftermarket will come up with a properly molded piece to fit the entire bed area for secured storage, and still have tie-down points on top.

As for bumpers, I have lots of scrap steel laying around, so I'm going to see about building my own bumpers. It'll be similar to the one Kawi sells, but won't have the big "headlight guard" thing on top and will be out of square tubing. If it works out, I'll build one for the rear too. Right now I have to decide if I'm going to buy a tubing bender or just cut it into small pieces for the angles.

Oh.. I'm going to get harnesses too, but not til somebody makes a harness bar for it. Not paying $540 for Kawi's when I can get others for $100 each.

'20 KRX-1000
'17 Tiger 800 XCA
'17 Versys-X 300
'16 Sportsman 850 SP EPS
'96 DR650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM
ROCKSOFFROAD

Oh fur sure I always carried a spare I'll see what I can do to find one last time I bought an aftermrk Rocky Mnt Atv rim & 2.0 maxxis then I bought a set of take offs with factory alum rims so I used an oem front wheel I'll see where I can get a Oem beadlock
I have a 1/2 portable hammer driver and bottle jack I've seen the sissor jack goes good with the portable driver & socket I'll probably use a cheep tool box and cooler in the back I'm like you I'll wait on the tailgate the tire rack looked good though I can't remember how much they want for that
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM

If I bought one I would want the cab kit with heater, Protection package, Alt. kit and winch. But I would want to see the prices on these "packages" vs individual parts vs aftermarket first. I think heater cab kit is a must for us though.

2018 Teryx 4 Camo. Bandits, 4500 winch, Flipper windshield, Boss stereo rocks, 2" spacers, VForce tuned! Sportsman SP850 Camo for fast times, MAGA!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM
ROCKSOFFROAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormking View Post
If I bought one I would want the cab kit with heater, Protection package, Alt. kit and winch. But I would want to see the prices on these "packages" vs individual parts vs aftermarket first. I think heater cab kit is a must for us though.
A winch would b nice only in the desert sometimes there's no ancor point
Suspension guards would help I bent them a couple times on the 2014 the metal skids looked like a war zone first couple of rides we need plastic skids no matter if you say you won't hit them too many rocks on road

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
14 T4 LE
Factory full windshield Factory stereo
UTV tech Folding mirrors
njc Throttle pedal mod
Chilly Glove box plate
Fuel vent mod
Tusk rear window
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

There's an optional "Tow hook" for the front and rear, $20 each.. I have 'em on order because yeah, there's no other anchor point.

Re: spare tire. The Maxxis website doesn't even list the 31x10x15 like we have; it lists a 32" version. That means we'll have to go through the dealer for the tire (ugh). I'm guessing we're looking at $500-600 for a freakin' spare. Ugh.

I was watching a video last night from Ruthless Motorsports doing an install on that tail box. It's expensive at $350, but I'm liking it a bit more. Turns out it's lockable, which is a huge plus. Might just get it. Good place to store my air compressor and other tools I'd rather not have to load and unload every time I use the thing, since it lives outside.

'20 KRX-1000
'17 Tiger 800 XCA
'17 Versys-X 300
'16 Sportsman 850 SP EPS
'96 DR650

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Teryx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in