Kawasaki Teryx Forum

Kawasaki Teryx Forum (https://www.teryxforums.net/forumsIndex.php)
-   KRX 1000 (https://www.teryxforums.net/krx-1000/)
-   -   Check your KRX primary bolts! (https://www.teryxforums.net/krx-1000/72467-check-your-krx-primary-bolts.html)

SuperATV 11-01-2019 08:45 AM

Check your KRX primary bolts!

Long story short...

We were doing some crawling and hill killing and noticed a little clicking in the clutch. Took a pass up a steep hill, and let it free roll back down to try again. Hit the gas and it just bogged down. Probably didn't get over 2k -2500 rpm when bogged down. The primary bolt had backed out into the housing. It boogered up the housing a little and left some shavings, but didn't do too much damage.

We have 2 machines, one for play and one for parts. We came back to the shop, checked the 2nd machine, and it was also starting to back out.

Check it and tighten it down!

rocksoffroad 11-05-2019 04:15 PM

Thanks for the heads up
First thing I will check I'll let my dealer know
Also anyone know about the fuel vent line snorkeled and filtered

cshannahan 11-06-2019 05:12 AM

Vforce John has been talking to Kawi about this and other issues.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1410859885884318/

SuperATV 11-06-2019 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocksoffroad (Post 570245)
Thanks for the heads up
First thing I will check I'll let my dealer know
Also anyone know about the fuel vent line snorkeled and filtered

Awesome. Spread the word to any new buyers. Hopefully the dealers will start checking before any more go out.

And yes, pretty sure its snorkeled and filtered.

RobG 11-07-2019 06:45 AM

Guess I know what I'm doing before I ride the next time...

lawnmowerepair man 11-10-2019 06:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I checked the bolts and I had to tighten four of them :eek It had 4 miles on it.

RobG 11-10-2019 07:13 PM

The pic shows the secondary... the primary is the smaller one on the left. Which bolts are we supposed to check? I mean, there's the main one that holds the primary on the crank, and then generally, three bolts and nuts hold the weights in place.

Looking at the secondary, I see its main center bolt, and what looks like three allen-head socket bolts... guessing those hold it together under spring tension and with the helix in the middle.

Just wanted to know what to look for when I pull mine apart tomorrow or the next day...

Rob

lawnmowerepair man 11-10-2019 07:19 PM

Yup the drive clutch hiding behind the shock there is 5mm allens eight of them I believe

RobG 11-11-2019 06:35 PM

I opened mine up tonight... all of my bolts were tight. FWIW, I have about 120 miles on my KRX now.

Stormking 11-23-2019 10:41 PM

Just a heads up. Kawa tech was at my dealer to help with my machine. Dealer tech told me a bulletin is being issued to address bolts soon. All should check these. They said mine were fine and it was a "robotics issue" responsible during assembly?

dmaxstore 01-09-2020 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormking (Post 570923)
Just a heads up. Kawa tech was at my dealer to help with my machine. Dealer tech told me a bulletin is being issued to address bolts soon. All should check these. They said mine were fine and it was a "robotics issue" responsible during assembly?

Just picked up mine and already been called to have new fasteners installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krx1000 01-26-2020 05:28 AM

krx 1000

i have one 2 months old now already replace 2 axles. 5 bikes where sold at the same dealer and everyone of them had axles problems
had to replace the belt at 1600km an another one at 2400km and im sure i got clutch problems to. really disappointed with the bike so far

JCAM 02-09-2020 10:47 AM

What type of riding were you doing when the axles failed and is the dealership telling you this was a one time issue? And, were you given any reason for the belt failure? I am on the fence about a KRX purchase and do not want to have design/QC issues out of a new machine. I love the KRX and want to feel confident in the purchase. More trail riding here in the south with not as much rock crawling.

Stormking 02-09-2020 11:52 AM

I seen krx1000 youtube videos. If ya want know what kind riding he(assuming same guy) does watch em. Hint, he doesn't baby it! I have not had any issues yet but I don't have 2000m on it either. I have 19hr and I don't baby em either. How do ya get that much riding done in 2 months! Jealous.

BobX2 02-10-2020 08:14 AM

99.9% of belt problems on all CVT machines is the operator. If the axle problems he is referring to are the axles pulling out, Kawasaki will replace them for you. Inconvenient yes, a deal breaker, no chance. If he is breaking axles, burning up belts and has suspected clutch problems, I would guess he is a rather abusive owner. Those problems all tie together if you beat on your machine hard enough. No way of knowing for sure unless an owner owns up to it. Not likely to happen. Much easier to just point a finger at the machine and call it a POS.

Stormking 02-10-2020 09:08 AM

I just finished installing skids after thorough washing. I notice driver rear axle appears to 1/4 inch out of socket at diff.?? Hmm, not sure if I am correct and it is out? I have noticed a small clunk at times when suspension is traveling deep but I assumed it was a sway link or something and it sounded to come from front? I think I will take to dealer and have it inspected.. Is there others with similar issue? Is this the axle issue I read about??

potbss 03-13-2020 07:29 PM

Can someone post a picture of where the primary bolts are?