Common Issues - Oil, Camber, Spare Tire - Kawasaki Teryx Forum
KRX 1000 Dedicated discussions for the Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Common Issues - Oil, Camber, Spare Tire

New to forum and happy to be here. I have aw KRX with 38 miles on it now and wanted to share the following and see if you are in agreement and/or have any suggestions.

1. Machine had milky oil from the dealer. Called them brought it back, they opened a warranty claim, changed the oil and said it would be fine. Rode 30 miles in SC this past weekend and now all looks good. Any reason to not forget it and move on?

2. Camber is really negative on all 4 corners. Dealer says this is by design and per spec. I didn't notice and issues on the trail, but wanted your thoughts. Is this another item to forget about.

3. Spare Tire - I ordered a spare, but it is on indefinite back order. I measure my tires and they are 29.5" tall. Everyone else measure that for true height? Anyone figure out another brand tire that would work as a less expensive spare tire/wheel combo?

Thanks and look forward to learning from you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 05:30 PM
ROCKSOFFROAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeagent1 View Post
New to forum and happy to be here. I have aw KRX with 38 miles on it now and wanted to share the following and see if you are in agreement and/or have any suggestions.

1. Machine had milky oil from the dealer. Called them brought it back, they opened a warranty claim, changed the oil and said it would be fine. Rode 30 miles in SC this past weekend and now all looks good. Any reason to not forget it and move on?

2. Camber is really negative on all 4 corners. Dealer says this is by design and per spec. I didn't notice and issues on the trail, but wanted your thoughts. Is this another item to forget about.

3. Spare Tire - I ordered a spare, but it is on indefinite back order. I measure my tires and they are 29.5" tall. Everyone else measure that for true height? Anyone figure out another brand tire that would work as a less expensive spare tire/wheel combo?

Thanks and look forward to learning from you all!

Welcome Freeagent1congrats & enjoy
Some thoughts on milky oil window it's been said most new vehicles sit at dealership for long periods get that from humidity that can't be burned off until the motor fully heats long enough
Not sure and haven't noticed negative camber even though I haven't ajusted the pre load up yet our KRX squats the rear Axel's with our heavy tool box and spare
We bought a spare from Rocky Mnt atv tusk rim & 31 " x10 x 15 forgot brand... tire only one same size I could find at the time I like the Carnivore's a lot I'm sure there's better out there 32s- 35s

2020 Teryx KRX 1000
kawi glass windshield with wiper
Prem.green roof
Polly rear window
upper soft doors,heater
sport bumpers
Heavy duty Alternator
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Unread Today, 11:31 AM
TERYXERISER

1. Is condensation built up by short engine run cycles so it should be a none issue.

2. The negative camber is for body roll and tucking the tires under to keep from flipping there is a picture somewhere on facebook shows the KRX next to a Talon both corning hard, it illustrates the side load forces the camber on the KRX is almost at zero and the Talons is positive. Positive condition in corning can make it easier to roll the car over.

3. People have been listing take off tire and wheels on FB.

Also welcome and happy motoring

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
'08 LIME GREEN HRT LONGTRAVEL
BADINFLUENCE CAGE DALTON COVER
VDI MUZZY POWDERTECH II FST STD BORE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Teryx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in