KRX Suspension thread - Kawasaki Teryx Forum
KRX 1000 Dedicated discussions for the Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

KRX Suspension thread

I am starting out by asking if anyone has knowledge on adjusting shocks? I have settled 1.5" height and need it back. Preload but is that a secondary preload in there for the dual rate springs?? Im confused. There is no info on Kawa or Fox on this for Krx. Also has anyone found what is clunking in front? Sway bar maybe?

2018 Teryx 4 Camo. Bandits, 4500 winch, Flipper windshield, Boss stereo rocks, 2" spacers, VForce tuned! 2020 KRX 1000. Cab Kit, Ryco Street kit, Badlands 5k winch. 2020 KRX1000 in Green. Cab kit, skids, 5k badlands winch, Ryco street kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 06:03 PM
ROCKSOFFROAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormking View Post
I am starting out by asking if anyone has knowledge on adjusting shocks? I have settled 1.5" height and need it back. Preload but is that a secondary preload in there for the dual rate springs?? Im confused. There is no info on Kawa or Fox on this for Krx. Also has anyone found what is clunking in front? Sway bar maybe?

BUMP
I also would like to know more about it
I imagine that noise has something to do with the rubber stopper bushing's that are slid up the shock ram on my front shocks ???
My rear shocks also need some more preload & that's what I wonder which spring & how

2020 Teryx KRX 1000
kawi glass windshield with wiper
Prem.green roof
Polly rear window
upper soft doors,heater
sport bumpers
Heavy duty Alternator
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 06:54 PM

Shocks

I took my KRX in for its first service after a nice trip to Moab, Asked the dealer to take a look at the front end as my wife and I both were worried that we broke something in the front end. It was the load clunking noise that you guys have also heard ?? Our head Mechanic at the dealership went through it completely and found nothing messed up. he did take it out for a couple runs and did hear the clunk. He then called the Fox shock rep who told them it was the black cover ring on the front shocks. Just glad to know this is common on the new KRX machines. I too am looking into how to make all the adjustments on the shocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

At 10-11psi tires I am at around 12-12.5" instead of 14+". Been reading up on this and still confused but it seems if I move top preload I need to match previous distance on secondary Stop ring for the 2nd tender/dual spring. Too loose is loose springs at extension and too tight is binding. I texted dealer, see if they respond? ??

2018 Teryx 4 Camo. Bandits, 4500 winch, Flipper windshield, Boss stereo rocks, 2" spacers, VForce tuned! 2020 KRX 1000. Cab Kit, Ryco Street kit, Badlands 5k winch. 2020 KRX1000 in Green. Cab kit, skids, 5k badlands winch, Ryco street kit.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsriding View Post
I took my KRX in for its first service after a nice trip to Moab, Asked the dealer to take a look at the front end as my wife and I both were worried that we broke something in the front end. It was the load clunking noise that you guys have also heard ?? Our head Mechanic at the dealership went through it completely and found nothing messed up. he did take it out for a couple runs and did hear the clunk. He then called the Fox shock rep who told them it was the black cover ring on the front shocks. Just glad to know this is common on the new KRX machines. I too am looking into how to make all the adjustments on the shocks.
If thats true then it seems to me the stop ring needs adjusted?? Mine does it worse then when new. Thought maybe sway bar? Dunno. Makes sense what ya say...

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2020, 07:36 AM
TERYXERISER

I think the "CLUNK" we hear that seems to be coming from the front is actually the rear radius rods but there might be something else. Give the lower one a slap or a quick hard tug and you can make the clunking noise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
'08 LIME GREEN HRT LONGTRAVEL
BADINFLUENCE CAGE DALTON COVER
VDI MUZZY POWDERTECH II FST STD BORE
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2020, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

I have adjusted my sagging shocks. Man, warning to all is these things have bad sag after time. Anyway I have noticed a large decrease in the clunking sounds now. I will add I think it may be the stop ring/secondary tinder spring thing. I added about 3/4" preload and also the second spring adjust. is set to a softer setting-more spring travel.. Last ride I did not hear "Clunk". Time will tell. Ride was great. Ground clearance is back to around 14". It was sagged to 12"-13".

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 06:25 AM

Garage
I adjusted the preload on mine as well to regain my ground clearance. I believe I screwed them down about an inch or so. I did not re-adjust the crossover rings. I had already adjusted them up a while back. Now they are even higher in the compression stroke, which is fine with me. The higher they are, the better the ride in slow, rocky riding. Adjustments are easy to make, and easy to undo if you don't like how it rides/handles after making them. Lots of info available about shock/spring adjusting. It doesn't have to be UTV specific. They are pretty much all the same, and the adjustments all do the same things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2020 KRX 1000
2-2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 10:45 AM

i have adjusted both the rear and front spring preload. there is only one preload adjust for each spring. the crossover rings adjust when the bigger springs engages in the stroke. the Kawi owners manual has the allowed adjustments distances.

If you need to gain more ground clearance, then you need to increase the preload, but compressing the spring. remember to measure ground clearance with all your normal gear loaded on car and the the driver.

It was easier to remove the front shocks to do the preload adjustments.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Teryx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode