• 1 Post By Bama Vince
  • 1 Post By BobX2
  • 1 Post By Bama Vince
  • 1 Post By rocksoffroad
  • 1 Post By Bama Vince

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2020, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Cool New krx 1000

Got a black and green one. Just a shout out to the forum members for the good info that helped me decide between the krx and the talon 1000r. I bought the 3 year extended warranty for $1370 and Iím debating if I needed to buy that, or if I should cancel it? Safe riding
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	08709E59-53C6-4CAA-9491-6BF5DDBFC71F.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	3.97 MB
ID:	55253  
SuperATV likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2020, 04:56 PM

Thumbs up!!!

2018 Teryx 4 Camo. Bandits, 4500 winch, Flipper windshield, Boss stereo rocks, 2" spacers, VForce tuned! 2020 KRX 1000. Cab Kit, Ryco Street kit, Badlands 5k winch. 2020 KRX1000 in Green. Cab kit, skids, 5k badlands winch, Ryco street kit.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2020, 06:41 PM

Congratulations! Enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 06:27 PM
ROCKSOFFROAD

Wow Cool Congrats... I'm wondering about paid warranty too vs stereo, winch or skids or Tree kickers ect 800 miles I'm thinking it's going to be strong 🤞

2020 Teryx KRX 1000
kawi glass windshield with wiper
Prem.green roof
Polly rear window
upper soft doors,heater
sport bumpers
Heavy duty Alternator
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2020, 01:17 PM

If memory servers the KRX only came with the 6 mon warranty vs 36 for the teryx and teryx4. Personally its 50/50. I purchased my 2017 teryx4 used and within 4 months of the warranty expiring Kawasaki paid for parts/labor for a new fuel pump/float/sending unit almost $800 plus my labor buying myself. I see an extra benefit to having a warranty on such a new machine .

Orange 17 Teryx4 LE, 4.5k winch, Full windshield, Roof, quadboss front rack, full spare, custom diy dog platform for rear seat
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2020, 02:01 PM

Garage
My 6 month warranty expires in June. I plan on purchasing the Kawasaki three year extended warranty before then. There are a few places you can buy it for $1100. First year machine with some first year problems. Sounds like Kawasaki has been taking good care of everyone so far with issues, but not that many have exceeded the 6 months yet. If you already purchased the warranty, in my opinion it would be dumb to cancel it. Keep it and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with it. That's money well spent.
rocksoffroad likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2020 KRX 1000
2-2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2020, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I’m gonna keep it. Its peace of mind on this new machine model. They tried selling it for $1760 I think it was at first, but I told them I’d think about it and I had 6 months to decide on the 3 year extension. So after telling him no I’ll buy it later, he came back and said they would give it for $1370. So I figured I’d get it and could always cancel. But it seems the consensus is 100% to keep it. Although if you can get it for $1100 I might cancel it and buy it for that. Save $270 to put towards all the extras I’m ordering. Where is the $1100 warranty sale at?
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 05:23 AM
Official Site Vendor

Thatís not bad for 3 years. Hopefully you donít need to use it but if something happens, like 4wd actuator ($400) is a common thing to get stuck in diff lock, you have the warranty to fix it. And if something major happened like engine failure (which I have not heard at all but just picking an expensive part) you will be soooo happy you have it.
Congratulations and enjoy it!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgroi Innovations, LLC.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
732-737-7761
Manual 4wd Actuator and Shifter Kits, FAIL SAFE!
Eliminate electrical problems forever!

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Knight ATV Sgroi View Post
Thatís not bad for 3 years. Hopefully you donít need to use it but if something happens, like 4wd actuator ($400) is a common thing to get stuck in diff lock, you have the warranty to fix it. And if something major happened like engine failure (which I have not heard at all but just picking an expensive part) you will be soooo happy you have it.

How many krx1000 machines have you sold a fix to the actuator issue?
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 08:02 PM
ROCKSOFFROAD

They sent me the warranty info I think my 6 month is about history it ends 6/27 and quotes a 3 year 1727.00 with tax my cost $1843.57 uuh
Let me see I wish...when I have that kinda money I'll have a rockin stereo and week stay in Moab maybe reservations for Colo. ride 🤞
BobX2 likes this.

2020 Teryx KRX 1000
Prem.green roof
Polly rear window
upper soft doors,heater
sport bumpers
Heavy duty Alternator
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 08:12 PM
ROCKSOFFROAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Vince View Post
Yeah Iím gonna keep it. Its peace of mind on this new machine model. They tried selling it for $1760 I think it was at first, but I told them Iíd think about it and I had 6 months to decide on the 3 year extension. So after telling him no Iíll buy it later, he came back and said they would give it for $1370. So I figured Iíd get it and could always cancel. But it seems the consensus is 100% to keep it. Although if you can get it for $1100 I might cancel it and buy it for that. Save $270 to put towards all the extras Iím ordering. Where is the $1100 warranty sale at?
That's more practical even 1370 is almost 500 off my quote

2020 Teryx KRX 1000
Prem.green roof
Polly rear window
upper soft doors,heater
sport bumpers
Heavy duty Alternator
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksoffroad View Post
That's more practical even 1370 is almost 500 off my quote

Yea I usually donít buy extended warranties on things, but this time I did when they lowered it. I donít think I ever had a time where Iíve ever said I wish I would of bought the extended warranty in my life. On most of them it goes into the sales or finance guys pocket I think. I just hope if itís needed they donít try every delay to try and squirm out of it and not cover it. That is my biggest worry with these extended warranties.
rocksoffroad likes this.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 08:54 PM
ROCKSOFFROAD

Quote:
Yea I usually donít buy extended warranties on things, but this time I did when they lowered it. I donít think I ever had a time where Iíve ever said I wish I would of bought the extended warranty in my life. On most of them it goes into the sales or finance guys pocket I think. I just hope if itís needed they donít try every delay to try and squirm out of it and not cover it. That is my biggest worry with these extended warranties.
Hope they would honor any problems Kawasaki has been really responsible
I haven't had to use it but alot on this forum have been covered even after it's expired in some cases
Good insurance for ya
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 01:03 AM

Congratulations! Look on one of the Facebook groups for John Hester. His dealership will sell you Kawasaki 3 years $1100. Save the extra coin for accessories. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 04:12 AM
Official Site Vendor

Quote:
How many krx1000 machines have you sold a fix to the actuator issue?

I donít have a kit for the KRX1000 YET, but I have had about 10 different people call me and ask if we have it and that they want a manual kit.

Sgroi Innovations, LLC.
732-737-7761

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Knight ATV Sgroi View Post

I have had not 1; but 2 engine failures. Same machine 33 miles total on machine.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 08:39 AM

Garage
Congrats Bama! I have been debating on the extended warranty also. I will wait a few months and probably buy when I get closer to the 6 month expiration. Not that much for some added peace of mind.

2020 KRX Stock(ish)
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 02:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor396 View Post
I have had not 1; but 2 engine failures. Same machine 33 miles total on machine.

What has Kawasaki said was the reason for these 2 engine failures? I would figure they would want to inspect these engines until they could pinpoint the issue and get a fix out if itís a defect. Have you had your krx in deep water or something?
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnAddict View Post
Congrats Bama! I have been debating on the extended warranty also. I will wait a few months and probably buy when I get closer to the 6 month expiration. Not that much for some added peace of mind.
Thanks MtnAddict, been a fun machine so far. Getting ready to do the first fluid change later today. Got the skid plate delivered and they shorted me 1 stiffener, so thatís getting overnighted. Waiting on roof and windshield to show up also.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 08:03 AM
Official Site Vendor

Quote:

Holy cow, not cool. How many miles do you have on the new engine now?

Sgroi Innovations, LLC.
732-737-7761

post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-24-2020, 04:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thanks MtnAddict, been a fun machine so far. Getting ready to do the first fluid change later today. Got the skid plate delivered and they shorted me 1 stiffener, so thatís getting overnighted. Waiting on roof and windshield to show up also.
Not sure what skid you got, but I installed the Tusk Quiet Glide Skids and was missing (2) M6 nuts. Rocky Mountain ATV quickly sent them.

2020 KRX Stock(ish)
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-26-2020, 08:11 AM
dlb
Administrator

Quote:

My cousin just bought a new KRX last week. He suffered an engine failure over the Memorial Day weekend. Around 100 miles on the odometer. He dropped it off at the dealer this morning. I'll post back with his findings.

TERYX FORUMS TEAM
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Teryx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode