• 1 Post By Steve Cornell
  • 1 Post By Bama Vince
  • 2 Post By BobX2
  • 1 Post By BobX2
  • 1 Post By Bama Vince

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-18-2020, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Has anyone tried the AJ mud flares/fenders yet

Looking at ordering the rubber flares/mud flaps from AJís that are $200 that I saw someone on this forum mention. I like that they are $200 and that they are rubber and can flex with anything they might run into or hit. The tires on the krx just throw mud into the buggy constantly. Be nice to keep some of it off of us. But the $500 Kawasaki wants for theirs Iím just not paying that. Ill cut up some mud flaps and rig up my own before spending $500. But the AJ price donít seem bad. Got 100 miles on the machine since buying it last Thursday and canít wait for my extras to start arriving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Well I just tried to order and heís out for a week or so. But they are made out of the same material as the aftermarket skid plate, they are uhmw, not rubber like I assumed. But Iím on his list to get a set.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 01:02 PM

I have a set of his fenders for my x3 and they work great. They do flex and like have been scraped around many trees and havenít cracked. He makes them in west va and sells quite a few

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
BobX2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 01:44 PM

Garage
They aren't rubber, and they aren't UHMW, but they are nice. Similar to what the roof is made of. They do have some flex to them if you push on them, but they don't flap in the wind, and would probably pop out the plastic rivets that hold them on before they would break. Just as it is supposed to work. I only bought the front flares for mine. Turns out, that's all I need. You can see by the picture that the cage is clean, the seats are clean and best yet, the driver was clean. I'm considering getting some of the cheap automotive mud flaps and extending them a little lower, maybe 2-3 inches. I was pleasantly surprised by how well they worked. I was concerned that they didn't wrap further up and forward, but turns out they are just fine where they are. Great product, great price, and Andy is a great guy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200503_130902.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	603.3 KB
ID:	55305  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2020 KRX 1000
2-2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 01:51 PM

Garage
Couple more pictures here.
https://www.teryxforums.net/krx-1000...tml#post577423

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2020 KRX 1000
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 04:04 PM

Another option as well.... https://rokblokz.com/collections/utv-mud-flaps
WakeWise likes this.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cornell View Post
These seem like another good option. AJís is out of stock for a week or 2 he said. So I might go order these ones. How long did it take to install these? Looks simple enough.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobX2 View Post
They aren't rubber, and they aren't UHMW, but they are nice. Similar to what the roof is made of. They do have some flex to them if you push on them, but they don't flap in the wind, and would probably pop out the plastic rivets that hold them on before they would break. Just as it is supposed to work. I only bought the front flares for mine. Turns out, that's all I need. You can see by the picture that the cage is clean, the seats are clean and best yet, the driver was clean. I'm considering getting some of the cheap automotive mud flaps and extending them a little lower, maybe 2-3 inches. I was pleasantly surprised by how well they worked. I was concerned that they didn't wrap further up and forward, but turns out they are just fine where they are. Great product, great price, and Andy is a great guy.
BobX2 those look like they do a great job keeping it out of the cab and off the windshield. I donít mind a little but there was mud just about covering everything, so itíd be nice to keep it out of the cab at least. Nice looking setup you got there.
BobX2 likes this.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 07:21 AM

Garage
I need to stay away from forums. Every time I get on I discover something that I "need". LOL. Now I "need" the Rokblokz trailing arm mudflaps... Just placed my order.

https://rokblokz.com/collections/kaw...rm-guards-pair
WakeWise and Bama Vince like this.

2020 KRX 1000
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I need to stay away from forums. Every time I get on I discover something that I "need". LOL. Now I "need" the Rokblokz trailing arm mudflaps... Just placed my order.

I saw those too when I was looking at the front mud flaps. But I wonder how needed they are with the trailing arm skid protectors? They seem like they would just get ruined rather quickly for my use, in mud and rocky terrain. No desert near me. But their fronts I want since AJís is out.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 12:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Vince View Post
I saw those too when I was looking at the front mud flaps. But I wonder how needed they are with the trailing arm skid protectors? They seem like they would just get ruined rather quickly for my use, in mud and rocky terrain. No desert near me. But their fronts I want since AJís is out.
Not sure how well they will hold up, but I'm going to give them a shot. They are supposed to help keep mud and rocks from getting in the wheels and calipers. I know I had a ton of mud in that area after my last ride. Most of my riding is rock crawling, so I will see how well they hold up getting pinched between the trailing arm and the rocks. They say they will withstand that. I will put it to the test.
Bama Vince likes this.

2020 KRX 1000
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Not sure how well they will hold up, but I'm going to give them a shot. They are supposed to help keep mud and rocks from getting in the wheels and calipers. I know I had a ton of mud in that area after my last ride. Most of my riding is rock crawling, so I will see how well they hold up getting pinched between the trailing arm and the rocks. They say they will withstand that. I will put it to the test.
Let us know how they work out. Always good to get actual user feedback. Iíll be keeping an eye on my machine and if I see a need Iíll order up a set.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

I decided to order these too, but Iíll wait for AJís to get the mud flaps in since I talked to him on the phone for a bit and said they should be in soon. I saw some similar trailing arm flaps at kutv, but they wanted $190 shipped. These Rokblokz are $110 shipped. So Iíll see how tough these are myself. BobX2, between youtube vids and these forums, I didnít realize how much stuff I needed that I never knew about either. Just found some stuff this morning for the krx from brute performance I just ordered too.
BobX2 likes this.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Iím looking at the elite sxs engineering shift gate that comes in Kawi green too. Anybody use one and like it? I like how itís just high and reverse, or low and reverse, depending on what your driving in. And then the neutral in middle. I think itís $55 so not to bad.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 09:52 AM

I want to know if they will break when I am up against a muddy bank or tree? Happens often to me!

2018 Teryx 4 Camo. Bandits, 4500 winch, Flipper windshield, Boss stereo rocks, 2" spacers, VForce tuned! 2020 KRX 1000. Cab Kit, Ryco Street kit, Badlands 5k winch. 2020 KRX1000 in Green. Cab kit, skids, 5k badlands winch, Ryco street kit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Teryx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode