• 1 Post By cody454
  • 1 Post By BobX2
  • 1 Post By BobX2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
How Tough Is the KRX

It is bad-a$$!
For anyone who doubts how tough and durable the KRX is, take a look at this video. Novice rock crawlers just absolutely beating the crap out of the KRX, and it takes it. Can't think of any other bone stock machine that would have taken that beating and not come out with at least a broken axle, and probably bent up trailing arms and/or twisted up radius rods. Next time somebody says something about how over weight these machines are, this is why. They are built strong!
I seriously think these guys are trying to break this KRX just so they can hype their Polaris's and Canam's, (and even their lowly Talon) over the Kawasaki. So far the KRX has proven to be tougher than them.

rocksoffroad and Lawdog like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2020 KRX 1000
2-2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 09:26 AM
Premium Member

They should have ran all the other brands through that for a real comparison...I'd expect some carnage from one of those other machines too...lol

2012 Teryx4 EPS
814/Viking Shocks; FUTV Skids
JBS Floorboard Skids & Radiator Guards
Warn Provantage 4500-S winch
Rigid Industries D2's Driving & SR-10 Specter Driving (front)
Rigid Industries Dually Flood (rear)
Kawi aluminum roof
28" ITP Blackwater Evolutions
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 10:30 AM

That’s a tough machine. I think it’s hard to get an idea of just how steep the obstacle really is. At one point he got a little tipsy. I like the longer wheel base for that reason. A little shorter and you might climb over easier, but you roll a lot easier. Sounds like these guys get manufacturers to send them out everything from new machines to tow ropes to advertise and promote their products. Seems like a fun job to have. I’m glad I went krx over the talon. Talon is faster, but the krx is better in every other category that’s important to me, in my opinion. Be nice to see other machines in this catagory go through that same course.
BobX2 likes this.

Last edited by Bama Vince; 05-20-2020 at 10:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 03:10 PM

Im sorry that was just sad to watch... Ya people say its easier to be a critic via keyboard but it is what it is. They just kept going straight at it over and over and over.... They could have stacked less rocks and hit the concrete pipe at an angle and crawled right over. Then they just sit there and let the KRX smoke those tires while the Canam just dug holes. Ugh I don't mean to sound so negative but that wasn't a test at all for any UTV. They just scratched the undercarriage up and smoked the non deflated tires.

They could have marked a line and then taken each UTV through the same line in the rocks and comment on ride, turn radius, power, steering, visibility, etc
WakeWise likes this.

Orange 17 Teryx4 LE, 4.5k winch, Full windshield, Roof, quadboss front rack, full spare, custom diy dog platform for rear seat
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 05:20 PM
ROCKSOFFROAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinooo9 View Post
Im sorry that was just sad to watch... Ya people say its easier to be a critic via keyboard but it is what it is. They just kept going straight at it over and over and over.... They could have stacked less rocks and hit the concrete pipe at an angle and crawled right over. Then they just sit there and let the KRX smoke those tires while the Canam just dug holes. Ugh I don't mean to sound so negative but that wasn't a test at all for any UTV. They just scratched the undercarriage up and smoked the non deflated tires.

They could have marked a line and then taken each UTV through the same line in the rocks and comment on ride, turn radius, power, steering, visibility, etc
Yep I seen that I was thinking the same they didn't have a very good strategy
Just kept beating it against the cement

2020 Teryx KRX 1000
kawi glass windshield with wiper
Prem.green roof
Polly rear window
upper soft doors,heater
sport bumpers
Heavy duty Alternator

Last edited by rocksoffroad; 05-20-2020 at 07:27 PM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-21-2020, 01:55 PM

I watch their videos. They do not like Kawa because Kawa didnt invite em to premeire event October or sumthing. Also didnt immediately send em a new KRX. They are better drivers then that, they intentionally beat that thing lke an idiot.

2018 Teryx 4 Camo. Bandits, 4500 winch, Flipper windshield, Boss stereo rocks, 2" spacers, VForce tuned! 2020 KRX 1000. Cab Kit, Ryco Street kit, Badlands 5k winch. 2020 KRX1000 in Green. Cab kit, skids, 5k badlands winch, Ryco street kit.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-26-2020, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormking View Post
I watch their videos. They do not like Kawa because Kawa didnt invite em to premeire event October or sumthing. Also didnt immediately send em a new KRX. They are better drivers then that, they intentionally beat that thing lke an idiot.
BINGO!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2020 KRX 1000
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 08:46 AM

About the second failed attempt, I'd be yelling at my friend to stop wrecking the dang machine and take a different line already. Or at least hit the throttle harder. ;-)
BobX2 likes this.

2020 Teryx4 LE Atomic Silver ▪ Teryx of the Month May 2020
SuperATV: Diamond Plate Bumper & winch mount ▪ Front Flip Windshield ▪ 2" wheel spacers
Bandit Series 46 Gen 3 Pro shocks ▪ Motoalliance Viper Elite 4500 winch ▪ Maxxis Carnivore tires 28x10-14 ▪ Trail Armor A-Arm guards

YouTube: OffDuty Adventures
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 05:50 PM

Just to be clear, I am rough on it. Stock metal skids are great!! Wrong. They dent and push up into floor. The rear fenders are bolted to a 2x2 metal bracket WELDED to frame so when into a tree they bend. Uh oh, not good. Floor drains pop up when skids bend. Now I tree jump, bounce logs and ledges too. I rub through trees. I can verify its tough as nails but not perfect.... I am using Kawa skids as well but I still can put small bends in factory metal skid. I am impressed. My T4 is tougher. My old RZR a piece of crap compared to either Kawa.
Lawdog likes this.

2018 Teryx 4 Camo. Bandits, 4500 winch, Flipper windshield, Boss stereo rocks, 2" spacers, VForce tuned! 2020 KRX 1000. Cab Kit, Ryco Street kit, Badlands 5k winch. 2020 KRX1000 in Green. Cab kit, skids, 5k badlands winch, Ryco street kit.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-28-2020, 06:10 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormking View Post
I watch them too and totally agree...it's like they have a grudge against it. I've even noticed that on a few of their other videos comparing the KRX.

Deranged Off-road is a YouTube channel that is a bit less biased.
Lawdog and BobX2 like this.

2015 super black Teryx 4 Kawasaki roof
2008 green Teryx LE 14" grey Moto Elixer wheels wrapped in Moto MTC tires - sold!
2001 red Kawasaki Bayou - sold!
2013 green Honda Rancher ES 4x4 custom sound system, 12" light bar, rear rack bag
1973 Chevrolet K5 Blazer 33" all terrains, 19 year work in progress!
1992 red Manco Machines 4 wheeler 5 HP Briggs and Stratton engine with cvt, 2 wheel drive, no suspension - sold!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-28-2020, 06:11 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinooo9 View Post

Yep...They were pissing me off too. The damn thing is, they all drive better than that.
Jones_Mahoney likes this.

2008 green Teryx LE 14" grey Moto Elixer wheels wrapped in Moto MTC tires - sold!
2013 green Honda Rancher ES 4x4 custom sound system, 12" light bar, rear rack bag
1992 red Manco Machines 4 wheeler 5 HP Briggs and Stratton engine with cvt, 2 wheel drive, no suspension - sold!
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-28-2020, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody454 View Post
I watch them too and totally agree...it's like they have a grudge against it. I've even noticed that on a few of their other videos comparing the KRX.

Deranged Off-road is a YouTube channel that is a bit less biased.
I also watch the Deranged Off-Road channel. Those guys are pretty straight up about their machines. Fun to watch them compare with each others machines as well.
They are also good guys. I bought my windshield from them, and they had it to me in 2-1/2 days.
justinooo9 likes this.

2020 KRX 1000
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-28-2020, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
It is a good durability test for their KRX. They don't want to like it, and I honestly think they are trying to get something to break on it. I'm sure they will eventually because they just absolutely treat it like crap. They won't even wash it... To be fair, they run the hell out of all their machines. The difference is, they have also broken all the other machines at some point. So far, the KRX is breaking them. LOL
Jones_Mahoney likes this.

2020 KRX 1000
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-28-2020, 06:29 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Yea, I'm beginning to offer their stuff over SXS Blog guys. Speaking of videos, have any of you watched the SXS Blog tug-of-war? I don't want to say the outcome.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-28-2020, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I did watch that video.

2020 KRX 1000
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-28-2020, 11:42 AM

Seems like they planned to get the krx hung up. They had that rubber band tow rope in the krx he threw out, and they were itching to advertise its usefulness. They must get paid to advertise products.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Teryx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode