KRX 1000 Dedicated discussions for the Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000

5Likes
  • 3 Post By BobX2
  • 2 Post By Bama Vince

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

New to the Site and debating a KRX1000 Purchase

First off saying hey from Richmond, VA.

Debating on my first SXS purchase, have always had Banshee's, King Quads, Raptors, or KFX's in the past. As I get older I am more into comfort and reliability.

Debating on the KFX vs either a General or RZR.

So far I really like the look of the KRX and sitting in it seems comfortable. Did a quick test ride and seemed to handle nice with a good turning radius. Love the extra ground clearance with the factory bead locks 31 tire package as well. Seems the clutch setup is more reliable than the Polaris to me?

Asking for feedback....

Anyone changed from a Polaris to the KRX? Pros & Cons?

I like speed but isn't the main thing as I have my young kids following me on their smaller ATV's.

Just another Speed Junkie!
Richmond, VA Area
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 05:12 PM

Iím in Richmond also..welcome!

A kid in our group has a krx and itís a beast. Very wel lbuilt, solid, plush, smooth...it is not comparable to a rzr turbo or pro xp or an x3 (we have all the above in our group). The krx isnít going to be as nimble or be able to run with the above in speed contest...if trail riding and comfort and crawling are your thing, the krx is awesome. As far as reliability, no doubt in my mind the krx is much more stout and will be more reliable than a rzr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 05:13 PM

Plus, for the money they r selling them for (ultimate cycle on route 60), itís hard to beat them. Almost 5k off msrp I believe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I went by there and looked at them. I saw a few down at Busco last weekend. My group of friends have Regular RZR 1000’s, Talon, and a few RZR turbos. Just want to have fun and don’t want the same as everyone else. We will see still looking.

Just another Speed Junkie!
Richmond, VA Area
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2020, 06:46 AM

Garage
I've always been a Polaris guy. When the KRX came out, it didn't take long for me to let go of my General and try out the KRX. I can't think of a thing that I miss about the General. The KRX rides so much better, has so much more ground clearance, no exploding turf mode to worry about, no carrier bearing noise and has an incredible clutch system. The power is pretty much the same, but the delivery is much different between the two. Polaris has instant punch, the KRX is smooth. I also like the ability to control the front diff. with 2wd, 4wd, and 4wd with front diff. lock. The steering is also much better on the KRX. The fact that it comes with 15" beadlock wheels and good 31" tires is just icing on the cake. It won't win any drag races, but it will keep up with most any N/A UTV. (and outrun almost ANY UTV on rough, rocky trails. The suspension is that good)
The lower, opening tailgate on the General was nice. Much easier to get the dogs (or any other gear) in or out. The cab is slightly larger in the General as well, and the seats a little more comfortable to me.
All in all, I have zero regrets switching to the KRX. For the rock crawling and trail riding I do, I much prefer it over the General.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180428_162223.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	418.3 KB
ID:	55405   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200307_125557.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	430.3 KB
ID:	55407  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2020 KRX 1000
2-2015 Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2020, 12:10 PM

I just went through a month of looking and comparing sport side by sides. And had it down to the talon r or the krx. And I just kept coming back to the krx and itís robust build and the reliability of the other teryx models. But once we test drove the krx, we knew it was the right machine. I wanted to buy the talon from the dealer in town, but the krx just seemed more rugged to me. Speed wasnít a priority. Where we live itís, mud, water, and woods mostly. Its plenty fast so far on dirt roads too. This thing just goes anywhere. And I like the room it has in the cab. Itís heavy but thatís from the beefier build. The black and lime green just stands out from the other machines too. If you trade off machines quickly it probably doesnít matter, but if you keep things for a long time, you want something tough and durable. But honestly, all the Japanese manufacturers build good stuff from my motorcycle days. The old Honda 3 wheelers and 4 wheelers run and last a long time. For rough and rocky terrain the krx is like a goat. If pure speed is your thing, it might not be best. But you will make up time with the great suspension.
rocksoffroad and BobX2 like this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2020, 06:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
I’m in Richmond also..welcome!

A kid in our group has a krx and it’s a beast. Very wel lbuilt, solid, plush, smooth...it is not comparable to a rzr turbo or pro xp or an x3 (we have all the above in our group). The krx isn’t going to be as nimble or be able to run with the above in speed contest...if trail riding and comfort and crawling are your thing, the krx is awesome. As far as reliability, no doubt in my mind the krx is much more stout and will be more reliable than a rzr

Guys, I'm just an hour north of you! Welcome to the board!

2016 T2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan 1500
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 06:58 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Welcome to the forum. Purchased a KRX a month ago and really like it so far.

2015 super black Teryx 4 Kawasaki roof
2008 green Teryx LE 14" grey Moto Elixer wheels wrapped in Moto MTC tires - sold!
2001 red Kawasaki Bayou - sold!
2013 green Honda Rancher ES 4x4 custom sound system, 12" light bar, rear rack bag
1973 Chevrolet K5 Blazer 33" all terrains, 19 year work in progress!
1992 red Manco Machines 4 wheeler 5 HP Briggs and Stratton engine with cvt, 2 wheel drive, no suspension - sold!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2020, 01:17 PM

Garage
No complaints here, love it so far. Rode with a buddy last weekend who is a die hard Polaris guy. He is now looking at the KRXs. We'll see...

2020 KRX Stock(ish)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2020, 07:37 AM
Official Site Vendor

Welcome! I don't have a KRX YET but I do have a 2014 Teryx and it is awesome. Good luck!

Sgroi Innovations, LLC.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
732-737-7761
Manual 4wd Actuator and Shifter Kits, FAIL SAFE!
Eliminate electrical problems forever!

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2020, 09:32 AM

New to the SXS world in general. Rented a Polarix RZR 900 in Moab a couple years ago and have wanted one ever since. When the KRX came out I knew it was the one for us, especially the trails out here in CO that we like to explore.

We've put about 65 miles on it so far and it is really an amazing machine. Looking forward to lots of adventures.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Teryx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode