• 1 Post By Stormking
  • 1 Post By Tyrone H.
  • 1 Post By Tyrone H.
  • 1 Post By Stormking
  • 1 Post By 6.2Blazer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Bandit Gen 3s on 2015 T4

I know I can't get enough suspension reviews so I thought I'd post my review on the Gen 3 Bandit 46s.

Installation was super easy and straight forward. I had no obvious binding in the control arms with the OE shocks removed and original bushings. The most time consuming part was clearancing the upper rear mounts with a grinder. Total install time was around 1.5 hours.

I've only done a short ride but the difference is quite noticeable. Much smoother as other members have stated. Takes the edge off small to medium bumps.

I gained roughly 1.5" ground clearance front and rear. Here are some comparison shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic 1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	54119   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic 3.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	54121   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4576.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	54123   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic 2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	54125   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic 5.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	54127   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic 4.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	54129   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic 6.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	54131  
Lawdog likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 06:40 PM

They come super soft with no preload set. Mine did. Have ya adjusted em yet? I ended up playing around quite a bit before settling yet I still adjust depending on riding conditions. I set about 1" preload and some more comp with lil bit rebound is good for me. About 13.5" clearance maybe 14 rear with my 28"(27) bighorns. Huge improvement in all conditions. Better wheel travel (No swaybar) and awesome ride. Enjoy.
Lawdog likes this.

2018 Teryx 4 Camo. Bandits, 4500 winch, Flipper windshield, Boss stereo rocks, 2" spacers, VForce tuned! 2020 KRX 1000. Cab Kit, Ryco Street kit, Badlands 5k winch. 2020 KRX1000 in Green. Cab kit, skids, 5k badlands winch, Ryco street kit.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

I tightened the rears 3 full turns after they settled down and it brought it back to about 1.5 inches of lift. I’ll do more dialing in this weekend on a proper ride and report back on the performance.
Lawdog likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2019, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

The verdict is in. The bandits are awesome. 42 mile ride and almost no fatigue at the end. It's the difference between riding in an unloaded HD truck to cruising in a Brougham.
Lawdog likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2019, 10:35 AM

I agree, one of best things a guy can do to Teryx!
Lawdog likes this.

2018 Teryx 4 Camo. Bandits, 4500 winch, Flipper windshield, Boss stereo rocks, 2" spacers, VForce tuned! 2020 KRX 1000. Cab Kit, Ryco Street kit, Badlands 5k winch. 2020 KRX1000 in Green. Cab kit, skids, 5k badlands winch, Ryco street kit.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 08:49 AM

I agree they are a big improvement. Last weekend I got to do a back-to-back comparison with my dad's Polaris Ranger. When my Teryx was stock I thought that the Ranger rode slightly smoother running around farm fields and water ways around his house. Now with the Bandits the Teryx rides really smooth and the Ranger feels really bouncy and rough running over the same areas.
Lawdog likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2020, 12:56 PM

I noticed a huge difference in mine with the Gen 3 Bandits. It's a completely different ride compared to the factory Fox shocks. I however, am looking for more performance so I purchased the Super ATV long travel kit and the Bandit LT shocks as well. I'm still waiting on the kit to arrive, but I already have the shocks and they are substantially bigger then the standard Gen 3's.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2020, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

I consider the Super Atv kit as well. I’d love to hear your review on the difference between the two.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Teryx Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode