Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I guess l'll blog my 08 T-eryx resurrection here and see this rivaval come together.
Short story i had a DRZ400s that was a blast to ride but it was sad leaving to have fun and leaving my kids (5yr olds x2) just playing in camp so put it up for sale once sold i wanted to stay on that amount budget and needed a 4 seater toy to take them out around the desert and dunes. i had already figured these old Dinos where around the budget and where four seat capable fitting for my needs and few days later i found this thing and now knee deep in the rebuild.

Sent from California USA

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the Dino i picked up after scouring the classified all over the place this one had a good set of upgrades and stance i liked, few other where similar some with more some with less but nailed this one with it flaws and all picked it as it was made a fair offer and didnt question much.
and got it home with the PO's help, Great Guy!

Sent from California USA

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Good looking rig!

Reactions: SDSam!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
it was looking nice, but now came time for the inspection, assesment and repair tune and some preliminary upgrades right away like that. well yes i would rather be riding it but without knowing how thing are is not my style. so going deep into anything thats questionable, seats, panels, hood, all off. learned i have to release the cage to get the hood off that will have to be addressed ASAP. so more time... agghhh. electrical was/is a mess that needs some attention.

Sent from California USA

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
Top of the line a decade ago, now retro is cool! I have a Dragonfire +6 about the same vintage on my 2011 and I'm thinking about going back to stock with 2" wheel spacers so it will fit in my enclosed trailer. I really like the look and performance of long travel kits, but the tires sticking waaay outside the body really sucks in the mud of which we have more of than sand in Nebraska! Have fun with your new to you toy, keep the Gen. 1s alive!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was just telling a friend that im going to have the baddest Teryx 10 years ago!

Sent from California USA

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
one thing i had to inspect rather quick was an engine miss or running on one cylinder. it had really old gas so could have been that, gummed up carb or fouled plug. dumped the gas, pulled the plugs and while there i did the compression test, this reaveled a front very low compression rear normal. wet test and still low. checked the valve adjustment a super tight and adjusting them didnt help none. bummer time to tear the top end down for valve job.

Sent from California USA

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So after inquiring and some recommendations, the heads ended up at Benchmark Performance for rebuild and seeing that the motor already has standard bore pistons, the heads will be getting performance upgrades also!

<https://benchmarkperformance.us/?SID=otvd36qc2qrpml8clhilvl1r52>
Sent from California USA

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought a fully built 08 a couple months ago. fun thing to drive out in the sand dunes in glamis. its nothing compared to the newer 1000 turbo rzr or x3. but for what I could afford right now its still a lot of fun. I like the white on yours looks good.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just bought a fully built 08 a couple months ago. fun thing to drive out in the sand dunes in glamis.
post a picture of your T?, yep i am also prepping some paddles for glamis as soon as its ready.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
post a picture of your T?, yep i am also prepping some paddles for glamis as soon as its ready.

sorry about one of them being sideways.
only plans i really have for it is a light bar up top maybe a some new seat harness. would like to put some color on it all black is not really my style.
i took out the whisper cores on the muzzy. but last trip i was having some issues i had no top end power. low and high gear were the same. so need to try and figure out that issue.
first trip it ran good. it will make it up olds little slow at the top but will make it. but had alot of fun in it. i hope it lasts a while and once my daughter can reach the peddles she can drive it.
i still have plans for a 1000 turbo rzr or can am but this is my stepping stone toy.
i have the long list of mods the original owner did to it. he bought it brand new in 08 and did tons of stuff to it over the years

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
That car has to be pretty light, look like a lot of weight has been removed. and i keep adding to mine, guess i'll never make up olds...
I am currently working on installing the rear seat on mine for the kids.

What do you have listed for cooling system mods and do you have a temp gauge ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
That car has to be pretty light, look like a lot of weight has been removed. and i keep adding to mine, guess i'll never make up olds...
I am currently working on installing the rear seat on mine for the kids.
i think the issue with olds is the whoops at the bottom, messes with the momentum. with the long travel kit i can hit them pretty hard.
original owner told me the bed delete kit helped alot as it saved alot of weight, the ice chest holder he built is pretty cool. its just me and my daughter so the 2 seats works good us.
i got a different set of paddles i wanted to try but then was having the issues with the power so once i get that fixed ill be able to tell the difference in the paddles

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Had to make some wheel well eliminators to sit the rear seat nice and even.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Sam ,glad you are making good progress ! The wheel well delete looks good as well . Snowsnd81 ,those are some "meats" for paddles you are running ,are those sand tire unlimited ? That looks like a lot of tire for old "Rex" (liking this thread )

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sam ,glad you are making good progress ! The wheel well delete looks good as well . Snowsnd81 ,those are some "meats" for paddles you are running ,are those sand tire unlimited ? That looks like a lot of tire for old "Rex" (liking this thread )
yes those are stu's on there now staggered paddles. those are the tires the original owner ran for along time. i also got some doonz paddles for it but have not really got to try those out. the doonz are a half inch shorter but an inch wider.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 100 Posts