Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
I had a dream! NEW Teryx triple cyl 24" suspension coming October. Teryx is the name and tough fun is the game. This thing is awesome. This thing is balanced and tough as they come with a 3 year Warranty! 1000cc? Nope. 130hp 1100cc!!!! AH AH AH AH!!!

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
I had a dream! NEW Teryx triple cyl 24" suspension coming October. Teryx is the name and tough fun is the game. This thing is awesome. This thing is balanced and tough as they come with a 3 year Warranty! 1000cc? Nope. 130hp 1100cc!!!! AH AH AH AH!!!

I hope your dream comes true!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
564 Posts
UG! Better be a 4 seater non school bus in the works too!

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'm sure the 1000 cc info is for the new sport version that should be released soon. Hopefully I will be surprised but I doubt that Kawasaki will release a whole new sport machine and a significantly new/revised Teryx at the same time. Honestly I don't think the existing Teryx chassis could support double the power as it really needs some more suspension to go along with it. But overall I think the introduction of a 1000 cc SxS engine by Kawasaki definitely opens the door for putting something like that in a Teryx-type machine in the future.

·
Administrator
Christ is King
4,133 Posts
I'm sure the 1000 cc info is for the new sport version that should be released soon. Hopefully I will be surprised but I doubt that Kawasaki will release a whole new sport machine and a significantly new/revised Teryx at the same time. Honestly I don't think the existing Teryx chassis could support double the power as it really needs some more suspension to go along with it. But overall I think the introduction of a 1000 cc SxS engine by Kawasaki definitely opens the door for putting something like that in a Teryx-type machine in the future.
I'm sure it is too, but it makes me wonder if they'll give the Teryx line a bump in the next year or two. I doubt we'll ever see a 100+ hp Teryx. Something around 80 hp would be nice, but I agree the suspension is definitely the limiting factor on that platform.

·
Registered
564 Posts
The new one will be the TERYX! Mule replaces old teryx in sales. Maybe? I wish a 4 seater sport/trail tough sxs would be made that was under 100" wheelbase with 18" suspension and 100+hp.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'm sure it is too, but it makes me wonder if they'll give the Teryx line a bump in the next year or two. I doubt we'll ever see a 100+ hp Teryx. Something around 80 hp would be nice, but I agree the suspension is definitely the limiting factor on that platform.
I think they would have to do something soon as the current Teryx is really falling behind the other models. But then I also look at Yamaha and the new Wolverine X4 and it's not exactly leaps and bounds ahead of the Teryx is terms of power or suspension. I bet if Kawasaki came out with a "sport" version of the Teryx that was maybe 64-65" wide with 3-4" of additional travel and an extra 15-20 HP it would sell like hotcakes.

·
Registered
564 Posts
True. I have my machine at 64" wide/ 13" clearance. 28" bighorns. VFJ tuned. It is much better than a stocker. Suspension is around 10" with the bandits. So to your point I make a comparison. Not enough HP, too loud and its warm inside. Also an enclosed cab is a big deal to many customers. Wolverine has most of these issues already solved except suspension travels. I really think redesign needed. Teryx needs to have option of hard cab. Needs to be 64". Needs 12" suspension minimum. Needs 100+hp. Existing wont provide this. Pioneer is closest to this on market. Backseats and roll cage really hurt it as its kinda chunky/ugly in some ways imop. I am excited to see Kawas offer up next month and I still wonder if 2 models might be coming?

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,257 Posts
True. I have my machine at 64" wide/ 13" clearance. 28" bighorns. VFJ tuned. It is much better than a stocker. Suspension is around 10" with the bandits. So to your point I make a comparison. Not enough HP, too loud and its warm inside. Also an enclosed cab is a big deal to many customers. Wolverine has most of these issues already solved except suspension travels. I really think redesign needed. Teryx needs to have option of hard cab. Needs to be 64". Needs 12" suspension minimum. Needs 100+hp. Existing wont provide this. Pioneer is closest to this on market. Backseats and roll cage really hurt it as its kinda chunky/ugly in some ways imop. I am excited to see Kawas offer up next month and I still wonder if 2 models might be coming?
If you think its noisy and hot now, can you imagine what it would be like in a hard cab??? Might as well add Air Conditioning and noise cancelling stereo to the list as well. But hey... that might actually be nice!

·
Registered
996 Posts
To me the x4 is just not as sharp of a machine as the Teryx
I agree. When the rumors started about the X4 I was both excited and dreading it a the same time. Reason I was dreading the X4 was because of thinking it would be great and I would want to trade in my Terxy4 for one (and trying to explain to the wife what I wanted to do). "Fortunately" I don't like the looks of it that much and neither the power or suspension are impressive enough to make it worthwhile to trade machines in my opinion.

My Teryx4 has 2" wheel spacers, Bandit shocks, high clearance a-arms, and 30" tires which lets it keep up with the 1000 cc machines reasonably well on the trail. However there is usually at least once per trail ride where the wheel speed the machines with 100+HP can make let them get over or through something that I can't.

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,257 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I figure if they drop the teryx with the 1000 it will be next year, cause the 2020 Teryx's are already on the show room floors

·
Registered
564 Posts
What a bunch of..... Dust. Windy day I assume. Not a cool move Team Green.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Maybe I should go buy a Can AM X3 XMR RR!!! Hmm. It is GREEN! My favorite color.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts