Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Teryx 750 LE
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for all you Teryxs. I recently purchased a red LE and I am looking at tires and wheels and not sure to go with 12 inch wheels or 14 inch wheels. I have heard that the 14 inch rims are prone to bust beads. Anybody heard anything about this? Also, can you put 27X11 on all four tires instead of the 27X9 up front and 27X11 in back? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I stayed with 12's for that reason and liked the tire choice's let alone the $$$

·
Vendor
55 Posts
14's are more suited to roll stability for side x sides in my opinion. But I guess it may depend on intended use

·
Registered
323 Posts
i'm going 12s for price of both wheels and tires and because i will be running in 90% mud and gnarly trails, i want the extra sidewall for flex.

as for tires...27x11 will be find as long as they clear the steering (and they should). many people don't run them because they are a little harder to turn and they just don't like the look. in the end, it's mostly personal preference.

·
Registered
314 Posts
12 in are lighter and ultimately make more HP, 14's have less sidewall flex and slide better, since we do alot of duning we chosw 14 in Torks's with 26 x 11 x 14 goodyear MTR, real happy with this set up.

·
Teryx 750 LE
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for your input. I have decided on the SS108 rim with 27X11X12 on all four tires. I will let yall know how the 11's work up front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts