Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what the differences between the 14 inch and 12 inch wheels are. It seems to me there are way more tire options for 12 inch, 12 inch would be lighter, and give a softer ride. 14 inch would be a heavier wheel but better handling. What else?

·
Registered
323 Posts
alot of it depends on your riding. down here in southeast Texas, where most of our riding is in mud, we tend to go for the 12" wheels so there is more sidewall flex. i think this is also true for alot of rock crawling to an extent. 14"s tend to like to blow the beads in knarly off-camber situations down here because we run such low air pressure. with 30"+ tires and radials it becomes not so much of an issue.

·
Registered
60 Posts
same here in south florida most of us run 12 inch wheels for better tire flex with the big mud tires..my teryx running itp 108 12 inch with 29.5 10x12 outlaws ride good for what i'm doing ...14 for more high speed riding or racing or just look good for your buddys...

·
Registered
60 Posts
pulls hard as hell!! even in thick sticky mud ..we also run 27 itp xtr tires when not going deep!!they perform good and handle like its on a rail ..now anothere story u must install cdi after market the teryx has no overide to hold down like quad ..so the teryx wont back up with out spit sputering with the outlaws on it when you to back out pull your buddy out in his rhino ..with the cdi and exhaust and air box mod this thing screams we love it. my wife has become the new driver for it we put the kids in the back and ride out .i got 700 grizzly built for mud ..like to ride in front of the carts so we can check how bad it is or deep..

·
Registered
60 Posts
they ride great ..you just make sure to use 10 all 4 coner they ride alot better then the 12 wide because of thred spacing on the 12s ...the 10 have more tight pattern on tire so the ride is better.. not like grampa cadalliac they still let u know ther outlaws.. the lift all ive have done to mine is adjusted the rear shocks.. and front shocks lift that we took from brute force old lift wrks killer.. just on front shocks ..my buddy running itp 30 mudlite with no mod or lift no problems..

·
Gumbo
85 Posts
Killer so they should fit with no lift just crank the suspension. Love the cheap seats I had the same idea for mine did you mount the actual pedestal bases in the bed or what

·
Registered
60 Posts
no i just mounted the seat right to the floor drill four holes for each seat and your done ..reason i mounted to floor some my kids had some side wall from bed for extra safety from tree limbs and such on..i used dile rod and closet hanger bracket to hold dile in place and at 1 end drill hole to put lock in place to hold bar in place when riding ..ive had crowds of people at events that think its great idea and works real good.total cost of build 58.00 dallors seat at local walmrt boat seats 22.00 a pop ..

·
Gumbo
85 Posts
Sounds good I have the seats in my boat already that's what I was wondering if you mounted the bases then I could just swap them out when I need them. But your right it would raise the seat height up about 4or 5 inches. Looks good :beer3:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts