Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a winch(viper 4000) onto my 2008 teryx 4x4 LE, does anyone know if there is a dedicated 12v accessory wire, I am thinking of also installing a couple of 4" offroad lights. Should I just us my multimeter and find a hot wire behind the ignition switch? this seems like it could get messy after adding a few accessories.
I also have an American Eagle 72" plow on the way, had anyone had any expirience w/ these?
thanks

·
El Moderator
4,038 Posts
You only need one ignition wire to activate all your relays...I forget which wire is ignition hot, but use your multimeter and run that to your relays...you can also purchase a 7 circuit Painless assembly that includes hot and ignition outputs for all your accessories.

·
Freedom Is Not Free.
287 Posts
This is what I done and what I have, whip light , dome light, front lower lights, HID's on cage.
I ran 4 wires from the battery area to under the dash via the center cover had to take plastic apart to do this. Ran a hot wire, a ground { perfer to ground to battery} whip wire, dome wire. 4 switches on dash, hot feeds all switches, whip and dome are the other 2 wires of the 4 I ran. Main hot is fused off of battery, whip and dome light are fused also. Dont like tapping into existing wire harnesses its a pain to trouble shoot if you have probs. Only place I tapped into existing harness is the light for water temp gauge so it is on when key is on, that was easy take light switch out and test the wire which is hot when key is on and head lights are off.

·
Registered
281 Posts
When I did my winch I used the wire going to the Cig Lighter.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
you can also purchase a 7 circuit Painless assembly that includes hot and ignition outputs for all your accessories.
I have installed several of these on my builds, they work great, clean install and you don't have to touch anything on the factory wiring. In my opinion it is the way to go. I ussually mount them in the glove box for easy access and a very clean look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts