Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking at putting 28" terramasters on 14x7 beadlockers. Some manufacurers sell a 5+2 offset the others a 4+3. I know what the difference is and it looks to me like a 4+3 will work on a stock 2017 teryx4 but the 5+2 looks iffy. No lift or spacers. Any experience with this out there?

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
I’d go 4+3. Stock wheel offset is 4+2 front and 5+3 rear.

Hers mine with 3.5x3.5 offset.
IMG_2962.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have 14x8 Vision Lockouts. I just ordered some 2" wheel spacers also. Btt I haven't found any tires yet so I cant tell you how they look. But I think I will definitely have the width I want for stability. I also Have a 3" bracket lift on the front. Im thinking I am gonna go ahead and cut the brackets on the CNC for the rear next.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I would recommend the 4+3 over the 5+2, especially if you aren't going with spacers. The 3.5+3.5 would also work but that is not that common and generally only available on some rims. I personally have 5+2 rims but got them for a good price used and already had 2" wheel spacers. Wouldn't mind being a little bit wider but not willing to spend the money on new rims for a couple of inches width.

·
jkbduck
58 Posts
I am looking at putting 28" terramasters on 14x7 beadlockers. Some manufacurers sell a 5+2 offset the others a 4+3. I know what the difference is and it looks to me like a 4+3 will work on a stock 2017 teryx4 but the 5+2 looks iffy. No lift or spacers. Any experience with this out there?
I'm 4+3 28x9x14 and 4+3 x28 x10.5x14 O2, 2014 T2, Super ATV lift x 2", no rubs

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I'm confused... generally stock wheels have a 5+1 offset in the front and a 6+1 offset in the rear.... If you put aftermarket wheels with a 5+2 or 4+3 offset on all 4 corners, why would you need to use wheels spacers? Also, since the 20/21's come with 27" BH 2.0's, will 28's from other brands fit or will they rub at full lock or max compression?? I am getting a new 21' T4 in a few days and plan to buy new wheels and tires...

Thoughts...

·
jkbduck
58 Posts
So I'm confused... generally stock wheels have a 5+1 offset in the front and a 6+1 offset in the rear.... If you put aftermarket wheels with a 5+2 or 4+3 offset on all 4 corners, why would you need to use wheels spacers? Also, since the 20/21's come with 27" BH 2.0's, will 28's from other brands fit or will they rub at full lock or max compression?? I am getting a new 21' T4 in a few days and plan to buy new wheels and tires...

Thoughts...
i Have a 2014 T2. Stock wheels were 12". Put 14" woith 4+3 all corners. 2" SuperATV lift, Outlaw 2's 28x9.5 on front, 28x10.5 on rear. no rub at all. I also have the factory recall done on the floorboard.

·
Registered
998 Posts

Thoughts...
I believe stock wheels are 4+2 front and 5+3 rear. Based on that an aftermarket 5+2 wheel on the front sits inboard an additional inch as compared to stock. I have a set of 5+2 wheels on mine but have also always had 2" spacers so can't comment on the fitment, but have heard people say that they usually clear fine. There shouldn't be any problem in the rear. Based on that you usually don't "need" wheel spacers but many people, including myself, run them to make the overall machine wider. Also a typical lift makes the machine a little more narrow (just geometry changes as the a-arms are at a higher angle with reduces the overall width some) so they use spacers to widen it back out. Some people also say that spacers on the front help clear larger tires....again, not real sure on this but have never actually measured or viewed mine with and without spacers.....if the tires are rubbing a full lock sometimes wheel spacers just make it worse and the tire swings or arches more. I have a set of 4+3 wheels coming so if I get motivated might pull off one of the front spacers and see how it does with and without spacers.

·
jkbduck
58 Posts
I believe stock wheels are 4+2 front and 5+3 rear. Based on that an aftermarket 5+2 wheel on the front sits inboard an additional inch as compared to stock. I have a set of 5+2 wheels on mine but have also always had 2" spacers so can't comment on the fitment, but have heard people say that they usually clear fine. There shouldn't be any problem in the rear. Based on that you usually don't "need" wheel spacers but many people, including myself, run them to make the overall machine wider. Also a typical lift makes the machine a little more narrow (just geometry changes as the a-arms are at a higher angle with reduces the overall width some) so they use spacers to widen it back out. Some people also say that spacers on the front help clear larger tires....again, not real sure on this but have never actually measured or viewed mine with and without spacers.....if the tires are rubbing a full lock sometimes wheel spacers just make it worse and the tire swings or arches more. I have a set of 4+3 wheels coming so if I get motivated might pull off one of the front spacers and see how it does with and without spacers.
I'm 4+3 all corners, no spacers, Super ATV 2: lift, 28x9.5 front, 28-10.5 reak O2's. no rub

·
Registered
4 Posts
I guess I forgot the lift does bring the wheel hub in a little, so a spacer makes sense in that instance. I pick up my 2021 T4 LE tomorrow and am looking forward to taking it for a ride. I will buy new wheels/tires asap.... Would like to know if 28" tires will fit easily without a lift....

Anyone???

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll assume that adding wheel spacers will then require mud busters to keep the mud from flying in the cab...even non super swampy trails and such...???

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just picked up my '21 T4 LE today...nice machine!!! Anyone have an idea what the BH 2.0's measure at height wise? They look quite small for 27's...

·
Jan 2021 TOTM Winner
369 Posts
A lot of people claim they measure the same as the 26" bighorns on 12" wheels that come on the base model Teryx. I've never compared them side by side. The maxxis site claims they're 27" high. Catalog | Maxxis Tires USA

1 - 20 of 20 Posts