Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Its a tough first post. I got a used 2019 teryx 4 camo with 4000km. It rode great on the teat ride and the late night ride with a buddy. Take the family out the next afternoon and we clipped at tree going like 10kmh and broke the eps unit (electronic power steering). The dealer is trying to tell me that the super atv powerstering kit wont work on a model that already came with powersteering. Anyone have any info or where i should post this?
Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,641 Posts
SuperATV is a regular on this site and will be able to tell you exactly what the deal is with that. You can PM them directly.

·
Vendor
1,039 Posts
Hey guys. Its a tough first post. I got a used 2019 teryx 4 camo with 4000km. It rode great on the teat ride and the late night ride with a buddy. Take the family out the next afternoon and we clipped at tree going like 10kmh and broke the eps unit (electronic power steering). The dealer is trying to tell me that the super atv powerstering kit wont work on a model that already came with powersteering. Anyone have any info or where i should post this?
Thanks guys
We sure do! You just have to choose the power steering option in the dropdown box.
Should be part number: PS-K-TRX4-001

·
Premium Member
2011 Teryx Camo, Muzzy exhaust, MSD controller, Pro Armor doors, Method beadlocks and Tensor tires
985 Posts
Thanks guys
What exactly did you break? The steering rack itself is usually the first component of the steering to fail, especially when a tree jumps out in front of you.

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell me about it! But breaking somthing on the first ride is classic for me.
What exactly did you break? The steering rack itself is usually the first component of the steering to fail, especially when a tree jumps out in front of you.

Mike
Electronic power steering unit

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2011 Teryx Camo, Muzzy exhaust, MSD controller, Pro Armor doors, Method beadlocks and Tensor tires
985 Posts
I have never seen the actual power steering unit break, but plenty of steering racks. That really $$$$$ucks! Be aware that an aftermarket power steering system is not speed sensitive, and will not provide the same amount of assist at low speed as the factory unit.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts