Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any places that still sell any accessories for the 1st generation teryx's. I have an 09 and I'm having problems finding a aftermarket steering rack for it. I currently have a gear one rack in there but it has alot of play in the wheel.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I seriously doubt if anyone is still making accessories for 1st Gen. I think your only chance is NOS or used.

Owner of 1st Gen. myself, 2011

Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So basically I should look into selling and getting a newer model. One that's not so hard to get parts for.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Never give up, you may just have to look a little harder. I'm sure a number of 1st Gens. have been wrecked/blown up by now and parted out. I know I'm not giving up on mine and basically giving it away to start over, it still satisfies my needs.

Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not giving up on it yet. Mines had alot of work and upgrades to it. But it is a pain to find parts for it.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Super ATV responded to a post about a member looking for aftermarket power steering for a 1st Gen., said they still had a kit on the shelf. There are still parts out there, finding them is the thing, Good Luck!

Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They must of sold it. I've contacted them asking if they make a rack for the 09 already. It has a gear one rack now I've called them twice left message with some lady and sent an email, looking for possible rebuild on the current one. But can't get ahold of anyone besides the secretary lady.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Heres a link to a post I started recently:
2009 Accessories Still Available??

I have a 2009 only 460 miles/125hrs. I use it primarily for hunting and firewood around my Camp, anyway it serves my purpose and I can’t justify the cost of a four seater.

I‘m also looking for Gen 1 stuff, parts and accessories are out there with some searching and going through older post on this forum and calling vendors who may not have what your looking for listed on their site now.

I have found what I’ve needed and will wait for a “part out” to grab other things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts