Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to playing around with carb jetting, air adjustments and most definitely a spring change in the diaphragm. The spring change allowed me to open up the air box some. I installed two TPI valves in the air box lid and was able to "air jet" it with the slides on the TPI valves.

I have not locked the CVT out yet so the numbers I got today were not totally representative of what we really got. The best part was the gain from 15 to 25 mph as I remember it was nearly 5hp. Peak HP is not always the best place to get your reading especially if you are trying to get some power elsewhere.

I was taken vacuum readings in the plenum and the air box I was also taking air velocity readings along with air/fuel ratio in each exhaust pipe.

I was really impressed with the outcome, I have some more carb parts on order now and will get back on this as soon as they come in.

The lighter springs and drilling a hole in each slide allowed the slides to open up with less vacuum. I was still getting a slight vacuum in the plenum and barely any in the airbox which was what I was trying to accomplish. I wanted just enough vacuum to operate the slides correctly.

I knew there was a way to modify the airbox and get some performance gain and not have any issues.

By the way I think this gain is as much as one of the aftermarket air boxes claim.

More to come.

Todd

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think I could make that decision. I would buy a CDI before all of that, it has the biggest gain, and I would do the intake stuff next then the exhaust.

The air intake stuff won't be but about $130 to $150

Since I have not tested a aftermarket exhaust yet I really don't know how to answer that. That is the next step for us then cams.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Todd, just so you know.. Once you have everything tested and ready to go.. Air & Pipe & cams.. I'm 1st in line to buy, just let me know buddy..

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Thanks for spending the time for testing and figuring this stuff out.

Edit Can you post some pictures of the mod/package when you are done. Thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have a trick up my sleeve to keep the competitors from just stealing my work, I use a Dynojet Jet kit but the spring is different and I won't tell which one it is. Don't worry the price will be the same as any jet kit.

So far with the CDI, Ext. tip removed and this intake mod we are up 29% on peak power.

Better yet we will do a install video of the carb kit install.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hey todd I just installed my dynojet kit also with the differant slide springs but it didnt say anything about drilling the hole like on the BF's? What hole do we enlarge?

·
Registered
813 Posts
I will do the same when I up the jets to 140 or so..:icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Todd , I already have the dynojet kit ...when you finish with your test will I be able to just buy the springs and the info or do I have to buy the whole kit? Thank agian for all of your help!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not really sure yet, bare with me a little longer. I might not should have posted what I did yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts