Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to help my father-in-law with his 2008 750. It sat for a while and then had trouble starting, of course. What it is doing now is it will start and idle just fine, but when you give it throttle it bogs about half throttle and beyond. I removed the air filter and same thing. I then put my hand over the air intake and almost completely blocked it and I then could give it full throttle. I'm thinking an air/fuel mixture issue? Or could a clogged fuel filter cause the problem? I know very little about this atv (or any for that matter) but I am very handy and work on our jeeps and my truck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Administrator
Christ is King
I would start with the fuel filter. It's fairly easy replace. You're talking about an '08 teryx right?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
So I bought the in tank filters but then found out this one does not have those but instead an in-line. I tried using carb cleaner and blowing it out but that didn't work. Just for the heck of it.
So I got an in-line filter and replaced it but still no luck. It idles great but you cannot give it gas. The only difference now is that it doesn't shut off at full pedal but spits and sputters real bad.
What should I try next?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts