Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there
Writing from Crysler, ON. Canada. First time Kawi owner here, I just bought a 2008 Teryx 750 last week -used- Was running for 1.5 days (maybe 1-2 hours total time) then when it was idling she shut off and will not start. Lights come on, you hear the electrical components of the motor make some noise but the machine does not turn over or crank. The red oil light is on. No click, doesn't try to start, no crank. I tried to boost it, since I've read a few things that say the battery needs full juice but no luck. No crank, no turnover.

I'm heading out now this morning to get oil, oil filter & plugs to give it a small tuneup. Air Filter is on order and won't be in till Thursday. The current filter doesn't look like it's ever been changed and the oil in the machine is thick and black. Would this effect the start? Would these things make it so it won't turnover or crank?

It was running. I had it idling while I was grabbing my chainsaw and the machine just stopped. Now won't start. Based on the info above and your knowledge any suggestions? This is my first machine and little bummed with what's happening. The guy I bought it from has gone radio silent.

Anything info could help.

Mike

·
Registered
160 Posts
at this point, yes do the oil change and inspect the oil that comes out: Amount, visual for any metals, or that it doesnt smell of gas in oil and or water.

spark plugs similar, mark which plug comes out of front and rear and inspect the plug for oil or fuel fouling or the burn color on each.

then once back together if its still not running find out if its fuel or ignition thats missing. if you can when the plugs are out to do a compression test on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the oil change made a night and day difference, the machine started! Didn't look like the oil, filter or the pugs have been changed ever. Oil was a thick and very black.
Air filter is on order, hopefully this will help things run a little smoother

1 - 3 of 3 Posts