Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone,

I have a 2008 Teryx that I took in to the shop because it was having starting issues and running rough. They have completed a carb kit and replaced the jets but they are still having issues stating that it is running very rich and will not stay on in idle. They stated they could only order one set of jets from Kawasaki with only two different jets and those did not fix the issue. The engine has good compression and has recently rebuilt with only about 20 hours on it. It was running good after the rebuilt but has always ran a bit rich. They adjusted the engine and said compression is good.

I was googling and found kit made by Dyno Jet for the 2008 Kawasaki Teryx, was wondering if I can get some advice on whether I should buy a kit like this. And at what point would I need to actually buy a carb instead of doing a carb kit. I always thought a carb kit would fix any issues if all the components were in good shape. And If I do have to purchase one, where would I look since this is a 2008...I could only find used ones on ebay that did not look in very good shape.

Thank you

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did the dynojet kit a few months ago. It worked out well for me. It does run a tad rich. But, I followed their instructions for 0-3000 foot elevation. I would lean it out a little, but since I'm only going by feel I'd be scared of running it too lean. Plus, you can't really access the mixture screws with the carbs on the machine.

Also, you want to make sure every port, nook, and cranny on both carbs are super clean. I was absolutely terrified about rebuilding dual carburetors when I started. They've always been that mystical magical contraption that made no sense to me. Watch all the CV carb videos you can on YouTube, it'll help. One
tip I found was make sure to break loose every screw and connection you can on the bench before you actually disassemble each carb. That way you have a more stable item to bear your weight on. A few of my screws were difficult to break loose and that tip came in very handy. I made good use out of my tiny channel locks (I'd take on the world with those things).

Good luck, and remember careful hands rule the day.

·
Premium Member
2011 Teryx Camo, Muzzy exhaust, MSD controller, Pro Armor doors, Method beadlocks and Tensor tires
908 Posts
If your machine is stock there is no reason it should not run properly with stock jets IF the carbs were rebuild properly. An improper fuel level which is set by the float height, can cause a rich or lean mixture. As you've already figured out, finding a new carb for a 2008 Teryx is not going to be easy, there are Kawasaki ATVs that used a very similar carb configuration that could probably be made to work.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts