Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have only had my Teryx for a month, has been running fine. I took it to ride the trails it was starting ok, carb of course. Went through some water not very high, mostly just dry dirt trails..
I parked for a lunch break and when I went to start, all the lights come on..oil light, neutral light, I hear a noise near the engine and when I turn the switch nothing happens..no crank...i checked the fuses and they are OK. What else should I check...not a mechanic just basic stuff... first time on here.hopefully I

·
Registered
291 Posts
I be looking at wet wires/ connections, especially near and or around the ECM module or item of similar performance controller? Check fuse/ breaker panel or strip.
I would also check and shake off dusty air filter, check air box of wet or dry material that's not supposed to be there.
Good luck

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I be looking at wet wires/ connections, especially near and or around the ECM module or item of similar performance controller? Check fuse/ breaker panel or strip.
I would also check and shake off dusty air filter, check air box of wet or dry material that's not supposed to be there.
Good luck

Thanks do you think it would of still continued to work like it did and then not start even though I had water in there already? Not a mechanic just trying to figure it out, thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
My suggestion: when I purchase my 2014 T2 LE, any electrical connection I could access, I treated with dielectric grease too maintain good electrical contact (wet or dirt). Should ur contacts be dirty, clean first then treat with grease.
I h/n had any electrical problems after my application. Nothing to lose, but everything to greatly appreciate the benefits of. Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I took my Teryx to local small garage shop, they said my compression is at 10 and 15 for my pistons...it had a lot of sand in the carb, the mechanic said this would cause sand to go in the engine and the reason comp is so low now...he said whoever had it never cleaned the carb or air filter....would this happen??? And the engine is hard to start but once it starts it runs fine and has power....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts