Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Just bought a 2009 Teryx Monster Edition with 1035 km’s on it. Hopefully I got a good deal. It started and runs perfectly but the 4x4 doesn’t engage very quickly. I’m going to take it in to be checked over completely. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! Can’t wait to get it on the trails! I’m in Calgary, Alberta Canada.

·
Registered
2022 Teryx4 S LE
105 Posts
Hello all! Just bought a 2009 Teryx Monster Edition with 1035 km’s on it. Hopefully I got a good deal. It started and runs perfectly but the 4x4 doesn’t engage very quickly. I’m going to take it in to be checked over completely. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! Can’t wait to get it on the trails! I’m in Calgary, Alberta Canada.
Make sure you are at a complete stop and put it into four wheel. Slowly roll forward and it should engage. Congrats on your new machine.

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
Welcome

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
The four wheel drive engagement is totally different on the 1st Gen. Teryx. It is engaged by an electrically switched vacuum servo that pulls a cable connected to the arm on the front differential, it takes a little time even when things are working perfectly. The 2nd Gens. are all electric, but sometimes have a bit of a issue with the shifting mechanism inside the differential which "confuses/pisses off" the ECU.

Mike

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021 TOTM Winner
2020 Teryx4 LE
636 Posts
The four wheel drive engagement is totally different on the 1st Gen. Teryx. It is engaged by an electrically switched vacuum servo that pulls a cable connected to the arm on the front differential, it takes a little time even when things are working perfectly. The 2nd Gens. are all electric, but sometimes have a bit of a issue with the shifting mechanism inside the differential which "confuses/pisses off" the ECU.

Mike
Can confirm pissed off ecu on the newer models.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have an 09 as well. If the belt has been changed and the person mixed up the vac hoses putting it back together it will cause it to not go into 4wheel very well. Also there is not very many accessories available for the first generation. So any add ons will most likely need to be fabbed up to work. Great machine so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts