Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
don't know about efi, dealers are to order more of them in july i was told by rep. i heard no efi for 09.

·
Registered
7 Posts
with dealers sitting on inventory everywhere and it being in it's first production year. i highly doubt there will many changes. EFI is doubtfull.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Carb has the new Kawi specs on their site, no EFI for 2009.
Who is carb? The only people that knows whats going to be on the 09 teryx right now is kawasaki, anything else is just speculation.....

I'm not sure that EFI is really a step in the right direction for most of the race oriented people on here. It will assuredly add $$ to the msrp and make a very small difference in performance.......or you could take that same amount of money you save by buying the carb'ed version and buy larger downdraft FCR's and have a much bigger gain in performance.

I'd like to see some minor but meaningful improvements though like a gas guage, belt drive upgrades, and minor tweaks here and there.

·
SidexSide Junkie
365 Posts
Who is carb? The only people that knows whats going to be on the 09 teryx right now is kawasaki, anything else is just speculation.....

CARB......California Air Resources Board. Manufacturers have to submit their products for emissions testing prior to model year release.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I think this is a smart move to keep the price down and sell lots new cat 15,000. new polaris 13,000 or a teryx around 9,000. look at the deal per H.P.

·
Registered
813 Posts
What else did they change,I cant find the info..

You got it. The info was posted last week, 2009 is a carburetor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Mule got DFI (Digital Fuel Injection) this year along with electronic power steering on some models. I would look for Kawasaki to release the EFI Teryx in 2010. The price should not go up much more than $500.00 or so.

·
Registered
12 Posts
fuel injection for 09

I just got off the phone with my Kawasaki Rep. Quote " the 09's will be fuel injected " followed by " I dont know for sure, but Im betting on it"

He also said that Kawasaki will delay the 09's and help the dealers move the 08's. If your like me that is great news. I can buy an 08 alot cheaper a few months from now. Im counting on a 1000 dollar rebate to come my way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got off the phone with my Kawasaki Rep. Quote " the 09's will be fuel injected " followed by " I dont know for sure, but Im betting on it"

He also said that Kawasaki will delay the 09's and help the dealers move the 08's. If your like me that is great news. I can buy an 08 alot cheaper a few months from now. Im counting on a 1000 dollar rebate to come my way.
you can already get 08's out the door for under MSRP. I don't think they'll get much cheaper. i say buy now and start modding before the season starts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good answer. Buy Now. It is possible that Kawasaki will not give any rebate at all. Also possible that fuel injection will not happen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts