Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when the 2009's will be out? The reason I ask is that I am wondering if it would be worth the wait for an 09 to see if they add some things to make it worth the wait or possibly get an 08 a lil cheaper. Thanks for any help or answers you guys may be giving now or later down the road.

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
They change something every year (except the RHinos) so I'm holding out for the FI before I plunk down for one.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
fi is just more stuff to go wrong and more $$$ to fix.i think its pointless unless you are at 10,000 feet elevation

·
I WANT ONE
202 Posts
FI is the berrys. Think about having to work on those Carb. on your own car and now the convenience of what we have now with FI. Unlimited self-adjusting. No rejetting for upgrades such as Exhaust, air filters etc.

·
Registered
82 Posts
the new ones should be at the dealer show sept. 19th. my rep told me we will be able to order then, no word on fi though. thinking we should have the can am side by side by then also.

·
Registered
528 Posts
FI is the berrys. Think about having to work on those Carb. on your own car and now the convenience of what we have now with FI. Unlimited self-adjusting. No rejetting for upgrades such as Exhaust, air filters etc.

Not true at all. adding exhaust and filter kits do affect the FI on these offroad machines, so you would still need to have a Fuel controller and possibly an ECU upgrade, same issue as the rhinos FI700's are having to do.

Rog

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes there is not an Oxygen sensor on atv's exhaust systems so it has to be tuned by us. Maybe with the brute FI coming out first they will have enough of a jump onto the ECU's and be able to have a good unit availiable by the time the Teryx comes out with FI. I really like FI and would love to have it on my next ride, beats the heck out of having to tune a carb and it just being turn key in any weather.

·
Registered
171 Posts
We have been working with MSD and I suggested the Brute EFI be next on the list for the ignition/fuel controller because they could kill two birds with one stone.

I still expect the 09 model will be carbs and for those who think there is a Can-AM coming this year should get another UTV. They are barely into prototype stage, trust me on this one!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
the president of the company said there will be a 09 model out for can-am and it will be more like the razor. should be at dealer show in sept. of this year

·
Registered
323 Posts
can am may be an 09 model, but it's slated for a late 09 release (which may mean spring 09 since they release new models in the fall). they are still focusing on the Spyder right now. can-am sxs is still under development. not even a concept vehicle in existence yet that i have found anything on.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just got more news on the can am. 09 model for sure and looks to be spring time. We were wishing to have a proto type for quadfest july of this year and can am said no. It doesn't want to build hype and just blow the doors off of the competition when its out. the concepts are built from what a few spies told me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts