Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im at my wits end. unit started fine last fall just was having clutch issues. intended to fix the clutch and use in the winter. never got around to doing that so fuel sat untreated over the winter. this spring had clutch work done installed and tried to start. would turn over fine but would not fire. changed fuel cleaned injectors. still no good. fuel pump only giving 23 lbs pressure. replaced that now at 45 lds and put new battery in. had a efi charge commander in the unit and remounted it with some new zip ties. like an idiot i thought the large flat part of the ecm was just plastic and tired to drill a hole in to help zip tie it. no screwed the ecm. bought a new velocity devices ecm with data logger. now engine will not turn over. turn the key have dash lights, winch power fuel pump power. all 3 relays spec out fine as well as the starter relay. only one of the relay wires will click when i turn the key to on position only the fuel relay will click not the starter regulator or the fan relay or starter relay. if i switch the relays around they all click if hooked to the fuel relay wire so relays are fine. if i jump the starter selenoid the unit will start and run fine. i checked the grounds ie frame by the battery compartment and across from that to the engine. battery connections are tight. replaced all fuses in the block. getting power to all the fuses.yes im in neutral and also have my foot on the brake. im going nuts with this any help would be great

·
Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
513 Posts
Not sure if you tried hitting the brakes while trying to start or wiggle the shifter?(edit:reading is hard, forget that part^)
Does that vdi unit have a starter disable built in by chance? I skimmed through the instructions but didn't see anything.

I ran one of those vdi units in my king quad years ago. It used way more power than the stock ecu.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
The big terminal on the solenoid from the battery is connected to the other big lead which goes to the starter when you turn the ignition switch to the start position. This is done by an electromagnet which is activated by the small plug, a ground wire(black?) and a 12 volt signal which is the other wire.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts