Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the 2010 Kawasaki Teryx 750 typically power steering? I’m considering buying a used one that is 7 hours away and they said it has it? I don’t feel confident?

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
There were at least a couple companies that made add on power steering for the 1st Gen. Teryx. I put the Wicked Built offering on my 2011, it has worked fine since 2012. The aftermarket does not provide the same level of assist at low speed because it is not speed sensitive like the factory system that became available in 2012 on the T4, and pretty much standard equipment on the Gen.2 Teryx after that. The few 2012 Teryx4s that were built without power steering were a M.F##ker to turn when in Diff. lock!

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There were at least a couple companies that made add on power steering for the 1st Gen. Teryx. I put the Wicked Built offering on my 2011, it has worked fine since 2012. The aftermarket does not provide the same level of assist at low speed because it is not speed sensitive like the factory system that became available in 2012 on the T4, and pretty much standard equipment on the Gen.2 Teryx after that. The few 2012 Teryx4s that were built without power steering were a M.F##ker to turn when in Diff. lock!

Mike
So it did not come with power steering?

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
No, power steering did not come from the factory until the 2012 Teryx4, and on the Teryx2 in 2014. These are considered the 2nd Gen. Teryx and share very little with the 2008 thru 2013 Teryx2.

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m considering putting in an after market power steering kit, but want it to work well on mountain rocky trails. I’ve driven some on trails ghat had no power steering and nearly broke my thumbs. Think I would be ok with an after market unit?

·
Jan & Jun 2021 TOTM Winner
514 Posts
I too had a wicked built(electra steer?) setup, but in an 08 rzr. It worked perfect for the 10 years I owned it. I didn't take good care of it. It usually outside year round, I pressure washed it, had it in mud up to the dash etc....The only time it didn't work properly was when the battery cables came loose.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I think you would be happy with an aftermarket unit if you can still find one, I have been satisfied with mine. There should be one sitting on a shelf somewhere?

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts