Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2010 teryx with 2900 KMs on it. It was running fine and now all of a sudden it’s having issues. When you go to start it, it won’t start unless you give a little gas. It will then idle and rev normally. Then go for a drive and around mid throttle or quick throttle application it will miss and backfire. You can almost push through this and it’ll run fine at higher speeds. Shut down and go to start and same issue where you need some throttle to get it going. Pulled the fuel pump apart and the fuel filter was disintegrating… literally in pieces. Replaced the filter and cleaned it all out and it still is having the same issues. Does this sound like the actual pump, injectors Or anything else? Looking for some insight on this. The machine isn’t throwing any codes. Recent maintenance after purchase was oil change and filter, air filter and new diff fluids. Problems started before I could change the fuel Filter… lessons learned.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Search some fuel pump mods on YouTube for it. I remember running across something along those lines when I was researching on my 08 model. I know there is some fuel pump mod to be done on the earlier fuel injection models.

·
April 2022 TOTM Winner
175 Posts
Since you mention the backfiring it could be the valve adjustment at a minimum or need valve job at worst. leak down test would be needed to confirm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts