Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When loading my Teryx on the trailer recently, I happened to notice what appears to be toe-in on the driver side rear tire. When looking down the plastics from the side of the bed, the rear of the tire sticks out about an inch more than the front of the tire. The passenger rear tire is completely parallel with the bed plastic. I've seen a bunch of posts on here say that some toe-in is normal, but it would not be noticeable to the naked eye, and obviously it would be on both sides. There also seems to be a lot of confusion with some people on here with toe vs. camber, so I took those posts with a grain of salt. There is no visible damage to the A-arm or frame (nor have I hit anything that would have caused that to shift), and there is no play in that wheel when I try to move it front-to-back up on the lift.
However, the only thing I can think of is that the A-arm somehow shifted to cause the toeing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Today I decided to take a stab at resolving this issue. I put all new bushings in the left rear control arms. The control arms are beefy but the frame channel they mount to seems a little flimsy. I tried using a large adjustable wrench to try to bend the channel that would allow the control arms to mount straight. I was guessing as to how much because I see no visible damage, but the toe is noticeably off. With the wheel removed, I measured from the frame to the inside face of the hub on both the front and back portions of the hub. On the front side, it was 18". On the rear side, it was 18.25". For comparison, on the passenger side, it was equally 18.125".

Are there adjustable control arms out there for the Teryx 750? I don't know that I'm content with just bending the frame channel to get the rear toe back in alignment, but if that's what I have to do, so be it. I will probably weld some additional metal in those mounting points to sturdy them up.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts