Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Aug 2020 TOTM Winner
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things that I really want to upgrade is my steering wheel. My 2012 has a hard plastic OE wheel that albeit functional, is lacking in tactile feel. Here are my wonderings that I hope someone can chime in with input...
  • Is the 2016-2020 model year steering wheels still hard and plastic? It looks like Kawasaki upgraded the wheel to include some soft touch material.
  • Anyone know if it be a direct replacement? Can I simply remove my old wheel and put on a steering wheel from a newer machine?
At around 70 bucks online, it seems like an affordable upgrade. I could do a grant adapter and a grant wheel, but I like OEM.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The one in my 2020 Teryx is pretty hard but does have kind of a rubber coating to it. It's not a foamy/grippy feeling as the old grant wheels I used to have on cars but I like it much more than the flimsy plastic powerwheels steering wheel on my 08 Rzr.

Reactions: Hawaii_Built

·
Aug 2020 TOTM Winner
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered a silicone steering wheel cover that will hopefully fit and improve the feel on my stock wheel. If it does not work, I think I'll give the new OE wheel a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts