Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did my fluid changes this past weekend and the rear diff drain plug will not seal. The threads on the plug look fine so it may be on the diff threads. Added a crush washer to change where the threads caught and it tightened, torqued it to correct weight and left it, later that night I found fluid puddled below so it isn't securing.

Do they make an after market oversized drain plug I can use or what other optiosn are there?

·
Premium Member
2011 Teryx Camo, Muzzy exhaust, MSD controller, Pro Armor doors, Method beadlocks and Tensor tires
948 Posts
A Timesert thread insert is a good repair for aluminum threads, however there are a couple problems installing one in the rear gear drain plug.(not actually a differential) First of all you will need to shorten the insert so as much of the fluid can drain out as possible, and second of all it would be a shitty place to work if you don't have access to a lift. Maybe turn the vehicle on it's side? I would be tempted to try some teflon tape on the threads.

Mike

·
Jan, Jun, Oct 2021, Feb 2022 TOTM Winner
860 Posts
Did you ever find the problem or a fix? I unloaded my machine from the trailer the other day and found the rear diff leaking. It looks like it's coming from the drain plug but it's hard to tell. Will clean off and get a better look when I have a chance.
Does anyone know the drain plug or crush washer/gasket size off hand?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts