Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!
For the love of god will someone tell me what goes wrong with these things.
Im an ase cert tech been working on vehicles for over 20 years and ive never wanted to walk away from a vehicle so bad in my life!
2013 teryx4 bogging backfiring through intake when accelerating. Im going to go through the list of shit of done so i dont get the same people saying this is the problem like on all the forums. Changed fuel, tried 2 new fuel pumps, fuel regulator, removed fine screen after pump, fuel pressure at 44 ish psi, cleaned injectors, changed plugs, checked all the connectors and vaccuum lines cleaned out the ias. No its not my parking brake that will cut it out when trying to rev up in gear as it should but not when in neutral. No its not the 4wd low sensor as it will do it reving high in neutral. No its not hitting the rev limiter this is totally diff its more random sputtering and back firing through intake. Air filter is new uni oil foam and taking it out doesnt change a thing. The only thing ive gotten to happen was making it so it will start everytime and run good at idle where as before it would start cold no start hot and miss every now and then at idle. Ive also pulled the exhaust check the spark arrestor its clear and gutted the cat in hopes something was clogged in the exhaust. Plenty of people have had the same issues but one or a combination of the things ive done seems to fix their issues. Not mine now no matter what the hell I try i can drive around slow but when i go to accelerate missing poping banging bogging. Im losing my mind here!

·
Jan 2021 TOTM Winner
369 Posts
Shot in the dark but I think someone had a bad spark plug wire or coil giving similar issues. Might be worth a try.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts