Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a serious problem with a noise my mechanic nor myself can figure out. I have a rebuilt motor with V Force John pistons, cams, and clutches. After breaking it in, I went on the maiden voyage, shredded that belt, then a noise appeared, thought it was from the belt hitting the housing. Went back to the shop, put the same kind of belt on. The next ride, is when I heard the rattling noise. After burning up 2 API severed duty belts, I talked with John, and he told us where to start trouble shooting, along with going back with an OEM belt, well, took the clutches off to see if there was still allot of rattling going on, and there was, not as bad with clutches on, but still bad. We're thinking it's in the wet clutches, but everything looked fine, and tight. My mechanic is a good mechanic, just not a Kawasaki guy, so we're really stumped as to were the noise is coming from. One way bearing looks good, wet clutches look good, and we're positive it's not in the motor....please help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.