Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm New here. I have recently bought a 2014 Teryx that someone tried snorkeling. I believe it's done very poorly and only 2 in tubing and PVC. I'm afraid it's going to eat dirt and burn up belt's. Looking for some guidance. Does anyone have the factory intakes and vents I could buy? What about this 2013 upgrade I've read about. This is the only Teryx I've ever touched. I live in Polaris country. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
ROCKSOFFROAD
1,436 Posts
Welcome Dr Hydro some of the mud riders could help you out our 2014 always had the stock intakes but we're in the desert Mnt areas we never had problems
Look inside has any dirt gotten through the system and how deep of water do you ford
Good luck to ya that's a reliable machine hope ya have a lots of Good times

·
Registered
565 Posts
Ya could order a legit highlifter snorkel kit? Ya could get on RCKYMNTATV and go to OEM parts diagram and order up all your missing stock parts. Good prices and free shipping. That's wat I would do as I don't want a snorkel.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I would have to agree with Stormking. After all, once youve done the fuel vent mod, these things can forge at great depths with stock parts.

I have been seat deep multiple times with no signs of water ingestion, engine or CVT.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Welcome to the forum by the way and congrats on the machine.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
I would order a highlighter snorkel kit and do it right, would cost u a fortune to go back with stock kawi parts

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is the fuel vent mod your talking about? New here and to Kawasaki Teryx.Have 2019 2 seater I just bought
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2016 Teryx2, 2011 Brute Force, 2008 Vulcan Classic 1500
1,053 Posts
What is the fuel vent mod your talking about? New here and to Kawasaki Teryx.Have 2019 2 seater I just bought
Thanks
Look under your passenger seat. Not sure if it changed by your 2019, but my 2016 had the rubber vent line coming from the top of the tank and sticking into a hole in the frame. Pull it out and you will see that that is all there is to it. Because it sits low in the bike and is unfiltered, you can get all sorts of junk in your tank from it. The fix is to simply extend it up high near your roof and add a filter to it. If you search this site, you should find a thread or two about it. It is widely considered the first mod all Teryx owners should do and it costs very little.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Like Hawk said...don't forget to add the filter...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts