Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else being told by their dealer that they are having trouble getting the parts for the recall? I went to mine when I received my letter 5 weeks ago and still haven't had the recall done. I call and call and they say they will call me when the parts come in. I've not had any issues with them in the past but this is getting very annoying.

·
Registered
484 Posts
It's been 2 1/2 weeks since mine were ordered. Haven't heard back.

·
Old Ezra
967 Posts
Mine had the fore-thought to order early. He had 4-kits in-stock. Took mine in and had it done in an hour. Same afternoon service!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Bought mine three weeks ago and got the recall done two weeks later. Unfortunately the tech did not fasten the right storage area side panel correctly and it departed somewhere on the 50 mile trip home. Dealer is making good on a replacement but it is on backorder, no ETA. But it runs good, even when half naked!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I called dealer last week, he said parts should be in this week. And they are. So we'll see, said he had lots, come in anytime.. Will know more next week. Getting done this weekend.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Talked to a friend that works at dealership today and he said he called Kawasaki and they told him parts will be in around the middle of this month. Hopefully this is true. Thanks to all that replied.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just got a call yesterday parts were in. Took bike in and it was done while I waited. Also got new rear bumper installed same time. These guys are awesome so far. I hope the rest of you can be as fortunate.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
My dealer said they are releasing the belts next week, so if you are exchanging your spare they are on the way

·
jkbduck
52 Posts
My dealer said I had to bring it in so that he could order the parts. Tell me that makes any sense. They ordered the parts. 1/ 1/2 weeks later I get the call. Parts are back ordered. Factory supposedly has no ship date for the parts. I'm bout to get upset.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok got the call today from dealer and parts are in. Can't get me in until August 26th to do the work. Sounds like some of you are having better luck than me. Hopefully it's ready to go before Labor Day weekend.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ok got the call today from dealer and parts are in. Can't get me in until August 26th to do the work. Sounds like some of you are having better luck than me. Hopefully it's ready to go before Labor Day weekend.
Sounds like it is ready to go now. Go run it and enjoy. The bright side is you are running it with their belt now, which doesn't seem like bad luck to me. In my case the side panel was not reattached correctly and was lost on the way home. The dealer is going to replace it, but it is on backorder. Still taking it out though. Bet yours gets a new belt before my side panel comes in!

·
jkbduck
52 Posts
Talked to Dealer. While it is in for the belt recall I am going to have the 2nd service done after hearing comments from here. $250.00 bucks. The belt is indefinetley back ordered at this time. Work weekend at the lease is this weekend. Gonna pick it up and roll the dice. LOL. They will call when the belt comes in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dropped off last Thu. Picked up on Saturday! All good so far! Know more later in week...

Aug 21-- put 8 hrs on in last two days. Seems ok. A bit smoother on take off hard to tell anything else. Seems ok. Found out my unit starts cutting out at 80km. Not sure what that is. Runs good at 75. Something with the engine, other than that love the unit.

·
Mark
132 Posts
Dropped mine last Friday and it took a week. One thing the dealers are doing, and it makes sense on their end, is upgrading their in stock machines. They had three kits in one week. Drove it hard afterwards and I believe they have improved the response just a bit. It was already good so I'm pumped

·
Registered
484 Posts
Just talked to my dealer. He is a week late, but he got 17 kits in for the FDM. Trying to get on the schedule now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I took mine in the mechanic said he had already done 3 or 4, so that tells me I got on the front end of the recall wave.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts