Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went down to my local dealer to pick up my spare tire this week, and while i was there the service manager called me back into the shop. apparently Kawi wants me bring my unit in after i have a few more hours on it and they are going to replace the CV belts "just in case".

in parallel, i just got a survey from some industry group which %50 of was focused on how would you feel about a recall on your new ATV. this of course could be completely coincidental, but perhaps not...

anyone else heard about this yet?

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Not yet. I will check and report what I hear.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I haven't heard anything either and I just picked mine up yesterday after spending 15 days at the dealer getting floorboard replaced. Surely they would have said something.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I haven't heard of that yet either but I remember seeing a post somewhere about a belt just completely shredding while the guy's T4 was still in the break in period.

·
Premium Member
2,123 Posts
I haven't heard anything, but it's good to hear Kawi is standing behind their machines if it is true!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I haven't heard of that yet either but I remember seeing a post somewhere about a belt just completely shredding while the guy's T4 was still in the break in period.
That was my belt. My machine is at the dealer now getting new clutches and belt on warranty. Kawi called me and said they are having issues and are working through them now. Asked me how it happened and what felt different then my old machine. The differences I have noticed are more heat on the dog box to the point that you can not touch it for longer periods and that it feels sluggish on take off like the clutch slips couse it is to high geared. He informed me that a few machine had the same issues I had and the clutches are being shipped to japan to research.

I suspect they either had a few bad ones or they are just a poor design. They are not the same design as the 750 machines and if they are deemed as a bad design the rep told me they would do everything they could to get them working corectly. That is all I know as of now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did your belt look like this? How did you get Kawi to fix this? Did you call your dealer or straight Kawi? This belt was on my 2014 with 450 miles on it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Keep us informed of the outcome.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I wonder if this involves the new T2's also or if they caught it before they released the T2's? Guess I had better talk to my dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Anybody have any new info on this? I only have ~75 miles and 24 hours on my machine but I have yet to get it out on a good ride. All this was on my property in NC and KY.

I need to just pull it apart and send the primary and secondary to VFJ I guess and then put on a new belt when I reassemble.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I did call my dealer and they hadnt heard anything. So up to now I dont know if there even is a recall.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I know it is not a recall, was told when I picked up my machine that only some clutches were bad. I do know that the new clutches seem to allow the machine to gear lower. It rode good today. I did keep it in low range all day though. Just can not get myself to trust high.

·
Mike
67 Posts
Blew my belt this weekend 2014 t4 with 346 miles and46 hrs I only haul me the wife and the dog mostly easy trail ridding well see this week what Kawasaki says this is really upsetting

·
Registered
475 Posts
throw a fit they gave us $300 with the steering recall. you deserve it for the aggravation you have to put up with.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i went down to my local dealer to pick up my spare tire this week, and while i was there the service manager called me back into the shop. apparently Kawi wants me bring my unit in after i have a few more hours on it and they are going to replace the CV belts "just in case".

in parallel, i just got a survey from some industry group which %50 of was focused on how would you feel about a recall on your new ATV. this of course could be completely coincidental, but perhaps not...

anyone else heard about this yet?
checking back in on this. i finally got some more hours on mine, and talked to my dealer again. original offer for replacement was at post date of this thread.

he called kawi, and they are going to replace my belts as this is not a full "recall", however they are doing the same thing as a recall without calling it that.

mine goes in next week for proactive replacement for free even though i've had no issues with it so far.

FYI, apparently the belts that are being replaced are new/different than the one that came on the unit new.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts