Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Did mine couple weeks ago your spare 039 belt wont work with the new clutch need 040 belt kawi is exchanging them but they are back orderd as the belts are going to the fixkits first so now no spare till? ? but it does shift smoother and no big clunk when put in gear but you still can feel it engauge I havent been out on a day run yet I'll report the performance when I get a ride on it

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Did mine couple weeks ago your spare 039 belt wont work with the new clutch need 040 belt kawi is exchanging them but they are back orderd as the belts are going to the fixkits first so now no spare till? ? but it does shift smoother and no big clunk when put in gear but you still can feel it engauge I havent been out on a day run yet I'll report the performance when I get a ride on it
desertdog - did the cvt belt do that or did you by chance change the oil at same time.

i noticed the gear shifting being MUCH better when i switched to the Motul full syn oil, not necessarily after new belt. i did those two things very close together however, so now you have me curious...

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Did my oil a couple hundred miles ago I run kawi's full syn. In everthing had way better shifting from the stock 033 to the 039 belt and now even better from the 039 to 040 I need to get out and make sure the hook up is as pasative as the 39 when i picked my machine up i wanted to look at the 39 belt as ithad acouple hundred miles on it but they said it was already packed to send back to kawi

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Did my oil a couple hundred miles ago I run kawi's full syn. In everthing had way better shifting from the stock 033 to the 039 belt and now even better from the 039 to 040 I need to get out and make sure the hook up is as pasative as the 39 when i picked my machine up i wanted to look at the 39 belt as ithad acouple hundred miles on it but they said it was already packed to send back to kawi
interesting, when i went in svc manager was told by kawi to NOT use the 40 belt, but rather the 39.

i wonder if that is why they sent me the recall this time, to replace the 39 with the 40?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
i went down to my local dealer to pick up my spare tire this week, and while i was there the service manager called me back into the shop. apparently Kawi wants me bring my unit in after i have a few more hours on it and they are going to replace the CV belts "just in case".

in parallel, i just got a survey from some industry group which %50 of was focused on how would you feel about a recall on your new ATV. this of course could be completely coincidental, but perhaps not...

anyone else heard about this yet?
just got off the phone with Kawi CSR, and have some updates.

They knew that they had already replaced my 33 belt with a 39, and do indeed still want to replace it with the 40.

the part that's interesting is not that however, it's that they are also replacing the "entire" CVT system, which is why they didn't give me a 40 belt before.

anyone else get a similar story?

p.s. they are very sensitive about the word "recall" as well, he corrected me 3 times to say it's a "factory directed modification".. call me old school, but recall rolls off the tongue easier

Reactions: nitzge

·
Registered
96 Posts
Belt receplacement

Got my notice in the mail yesterday stating that kawasaki will replace the drive pulley and belt. They are calling it FACTORY DIRECTED MODIFICATION. Is the clurch in the drive pulley?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Factory directed modification

Got my notice from Kawasaki yesterday to take my T2 to the dealer for the drive pulley and belt to be replaced. Purchased my T2 in Dec 2013, its a 2014.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Got my letter today and going into the dealer tomorrow to get my fix on. Hope we don't loose to much power with the new spring!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
According to my dealer it's a whole new drive clutch setup and belt, the "front" clutch/sheaves and a slightly longer belt. He ordered the parts for mine and will be calling me to set up service when the parts come in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just got my T4 back from the dealer for the ''factory directed modification" they changed my belt and only the primary drive clutch. Not the hole clutch system. I only had 125 mi on my T4 and the stock belt showed major sings of ware. I rode my wife and 100lb son around in low range aggressively at wild cat off road park. Down at London KY. Up and down long steep hills. With a cold air intake for the belt. I hope this recall cures the belt problem

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Had mine done. Sure the recall will work. I did notice it pulls different. Undecided if good or bad. I would say it doesn't hook up quite the same. Anyone actually know what characteristics should change based on the things that changed

·
Registered
93 Posts
Got my FDM letter this week, dealer has my parts on order for next week.
Have had no issue with my belt with over 2000km on it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Got my FDM letter this week, dealer has my parts on order for next week.
Have had no issue with my belt with over 2000km on it.
FDM? Lol its a recall. Atleast that what the letter said that showed up. And what my dealer called it. Sorry, didnt mean to hurt your feelinz lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had 3.5 hrs on mine when the belt blew. Got it to the dealer (different than the place I bought it) and they told me that kawi told all dealers to replace the belts prior to sale. I had mine replaced under warranty, but I didn't hear about the clutches.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did the "factory directed modification" fix the problem? I just lost my belt with 40 hours and 137 miles. I have the letter from Kawi to take it in. Just wondering if it solved all the issues.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts