Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have gone thru 3 or 4 belts in the past. Now that I had the f.d.m done I have had no problems. So I would say that the problem is fixed. But just in case I keep a spare belt with me at all times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ok guys, I just bought a new 14 T4 LE yesterday and will be picking it up on Thursday. I asked the dealer if it had the recall done on it for the belt already and he said that this unit wasn't involved in the recall. My questions is does this sound accurate? Is there a date that if the unit was manufactured after it's ok?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bought mine 3 weeks ago and wondered the same thing if the recall had been done. Salesman assured me he had by saying it was a bigger clutch and he saw the parts in the box. Salesmen can't be trusted completely IMO. Needless to say I got ten hours and over 120 miles so in for my first service tomorrow. I'll ask them to check the belt because I've smelled burning rubber but just slightly. Haven't pushed her passed 30 mph yet so I'm anxious to get the 1st service done and let her rip. Keep ya posted.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Can we call kawasaki with the VIN and get any information on this? My thing is I would rather go ahead and have it fixed now then for it to leave me stranded on the trail somewhere, for something that should of already been fixed.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mine was one of the ones recalled and at the time it stated so. Now that it has been done I get this message; We cannot determine if a recall is outstanding at this time. Please check back later or follow-up with your local Kawasaki dealer.

If this is the message you get or yours was purchased after the beginning of August of 2014 then yours should already be done.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The way I look at it. It has a three year warranty so my first service is Monday...after that I'm gonna run it like I stole it and if the belt blows I'm keeping a tow strap with me at all times and they can keep fixing it then I'll eventually go with vforcejohn's clutch kit and belt. There ya have it. No worries.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts