Kawasaki Teryx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the heck? Just got a recall notice for 2015 teryx and 2014 teryx4 drive&driven pulleys may not have been tightened properly.
If they knew about it in 2014 then why was it not corrected in 2015?
I bought a 15 in hopes that the belt and clutch issues were resolved.

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
Son of a bitch...this exactly why I bought a 2015 too. I coulda got a really sweet deal on a 2014 T4

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
My guess is it is post recall 14 T4s and they have the wrong torque specified for the newest update and didn't find out about it til after the 15s were released. Sucks but...

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Seems like the kind of small, easily correctable problem that results in most automotive recalls. Annoying? Yes. PITA? Yes.

But if you ask me, a recall notice is a success. An uncorrected problem is the fail.

I suspect this isn't actually a legally required recall. I get an email for every Federal recall and I haven't seen this one.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I think Ill just ride mine and not worry, screw it...

·
Registered
27 Posts
GoodtimesGoodfriends, before I retired, I used to visit a customer of mine in Selma quite a bit. Pretty country around there.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
GoodtimesGoodfriends, before I retired, I used to visit a customer of mine in Selma quite a bit. Pretty country around there.
Yeah it's not perfect here but there is a lot of great land. I live on the outskirts and love it! Wouldn't go back to big city living for nothing. Who was the customer?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Looks like everyone is gonna get one. It's not technically a recall, but that's probably how most anyone would describe it. Like I said, a recall is a win. Having your drive pulley roach your output shaft would be a huge fail.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone know if this applies to canada as well? I'm getting a 2014 t4 this week and would like it checked first before I bring it home if it does.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts